PDA

View Full Version : FS: Spectrum Ti Super Custom

dave thompson
04-24-2007, 10:00 PM
Last year I bought this Spectrum from Tom Kellogg. It was originally made for a customer (one of our forum members) but the head tube angle was made 1/4 degree too steep. The customer was told to ride the bike until a new one, correctly made, was built and this frame was then returned to Spectrum.

When I bought it Tom re-clear coated the frame and installed a silver King headset at my request. I had a new Ouzo Pro fork installed and then installed my Dura Ace components on it.

Frame specs:
Head angle: 74.25 degrees
Seat angle: 73 degrees
Seat tube (actual) 50.5CM c-t-t, (virtual) 61.5CM c-t-t
11CM top tube slope
Top tube (virtual) 56.8CM c-t-c
Head tube length: 21.3CM
Chain stay length: 41.5CM
Front center: 58.4CM
BB drop: 7CM

This bike is a rocketship! Fast, very stable at any speed that I've had the stones for and surprisingly comfortable to ride. Very precise handling.

The steer tube is uncut at 285CM. As shown in the pic there is 1" of spacers underneath the Nitto stem. Cut the stem and you've got a great race bike. Leave the stem as is and you've got a very fast all-day bike.

I have the original CAD drawing I can forward to interested parties.

I will sell this bike either as a frame set (frame, fork and headset) or as a complete bike.

The frameset is as new, I can't find a blemish!

Frame set is $2050 shipped, or the bike complete, as shown, but with no pedals, computer and with a Brooks Professional saddle is $2750 shipped.

Please e-mail me (davetspokane1@comcast.net) if you want additional info or pics.

Thanks,
Dave

Lifelover
04-24-2007, 11:16 PM
As shown in the picture can you tell me the measurement from the center of the cranks to the top of the saddle and also the saddle to bar drop?

Thanks

Gorgeous bike.

I have not stayed to current with the happenings on forum but for some reason it bothers me to see you selling such great bikes. I hope the reasons are all positive ones.

dave thompson
04-24-2007, 11:24 PM
As shown in the picture can you tell me the measurement from the center of the cranks to the top of the saddle and also the saddle to bar drop?

Thanks

Gorgeous bike.

I have not stayed to current with the happenings on forum but for some reason it bothers me to see you selling such great bikes. I hope the reasons are all positive ones.
As shown in the picture, the saddle height is 76.5CM and the saddle to bar drop is 20MM.