PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use a Vetta V100 Wireless?

Rich_W
06-08-2004, 06:26 AM
Having retired both of my Cateye wireless 2's... sensors keep snapping off.

I went with a Vetta V100 this season.

Been off the bike for about 6 weeks with a broken collarbone... and now find the battery in the sensor dead. I replaced it with a new battery, and it only lasted one day... than did it again (2-pack), and same result.

any insights? Or just chuck the sucker. I think I've had it with wireless.

I'm going to take a look at their site... see it I can find any troubleshooting info... otherwise I'm reaching for my snips.

bulliedawg
06-08-2004, 06:35 AM
Been using the Vetta 100 for about two years. Haven't had to change the battery yet. It's worked pretty good, except it gets a little squirrly around power lines.

Rich_W
06-08-2004, 06:43 AM
yeah... I just sent an email off to Vetta's customer service... I likely have a defective one. I'll follow up with what I find out. :confused:

Marco
06-08-2004, 08:24 AM
I have about 1,000 miles on my V100 and so far it has worked fine. I have read about all of the issues others have had on other threads and so far the issues have not bestowed themselves upon me. The only issue I have had is that the calibration seems to be a bit off from all of my friends computers. If we do a 50 mile ride, my distance will show up about 4/10 of a mile less than everybody else. I have checked, rechecked, adjusted and readjusted the wheel circumfrance settings on the computer but it still occurs. Frankly, I don't think it is that big a deal. As far as battary life...so far no problems.

djg
06-08-2004, 10:00 AM
two seasons. I've got the V100 HR and it's basically worked fine.

dohearne
06-08-2004, 02:07 PM
I have 800 miles on my wireless Vetta, and I have had only 2 minor problems (which I mentioned in an earlier thread). If I make an intermediate stop, the auto stop/start feature delays restarting the computer for a few seconds (this may expain the under stating of distance mentioned above). Secondly, the temperature feature is too sensitive to direct sunlight, but I wasn't interested in the feature anyway. With regard to battery life, I am still on the original batteries. If the computer had worked fine until battery replacement, and we would be suspect of the battery source.

Madship
06-08-2004, 10:44 PM
I have about 2000 miles on A V100HR between 2 bike this year. No battery problems. The only problem I have noticed was an anomolous max speed on 72 mph at bike NY. I am assuming it got confused by another riders sensor. I did hear a woman say she had a max of over 50 mph while we were waiting under the Brooklyn Bridge.

I have 2 beefs with this computer. You can't see elapsed time and current speed at the same time and The sensor does not attach well to the fork.

Has anyone had problems with the HR portion of the computer. Very often the first 10 - 15 minutes of data are useless. Once I have built up a good sweat it seems to sort itself out. Even wettin the strap before going out doesn't alwas correct the problem.

larryp2
06-09-2004, 06:21 AM
have two of them, over two years have yet to change a battery, no problems to date.....

PBWrench
06-09-2004, 08:34 AM
Madship -- I have about 4,000 miles on a Vetta HR. I've given up on the HR function. It functions occasionally, but often shows no read out. I've doused the transmitter belt, still no go. A cheap Polar on my wrist does the trick. The rest of the functions are fine and I like them enough to stick with the unit. Every few hundred miles or so I'll get a weirdly high average cadence or max speed number, but, again, only occassionally and I chalk that up to power line interference.

Rich_W
06-10-2004, 08:38 PM
Well, the good news is... that I called Vetta customer service, and they were very happy to send me out a new sensor, batt, and zip ties.

:banana: :banana: :banana:
:D :confused: :D

mavic1010
06-10-2004, 08:40 PM
U wouldn't be snapping those off if u didn't crash...... :)

Rich_W
06-11-2004, 12:37 PM

http://forums.thepaceline.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=28387#
no crash damage actually... read my original post... it just went dead, and then began consuming batteries. :butt:

btw john, the bike has been fixed post-crash, and posted in the photo gallery for your inspection :banana:

Rich_W
06-11-2004, 12:38 PM

:rolleyes:
no crash damage actually... read my original post... it just went dead, and then began consuming batteries. :butt:

btw john, the bike has been fixed post-crash, and posted in the photo gallery for your inspection :banana: