PDA

View Full Version : Disco suspends Basso

Russell
04-24-2007, 10:28 AM
http://www.velonews.com/race/int/articles/12107.0.html

soulspinner
04-24-2007, 10:32 AM
Gee, if we stall this until May, we can keep Basso from the tdf.....NOW we open an investigation in ITALY. Let em race!

Serotta_Andrew
04-24-2007, 11:24 AM
I would say this has something to do with confirmed DNA testing of Ullrich....

http://www.eurosport.com/cycling/pro-tour/2006-2007/sport_sto1160040.shtml

oldguy00
04-24-2007, 12:18 PM
But I thought Discovery was already sure Basso didn't dope, because "He looked them in the eye and said so"........hahaha

sg8357
04-24-2007, 12:33 PM
Didn't we all see this movie last year ?
How about we declare an amnesty on drug hoo ha until after the TdF ?
Can we find out who won in '06 before the '07 race starts ?

Sometimes I think Vince McMahon would do a better job running the TdF.

Scott G.

gt6267a
04-24-2007, 03:13 PM
"Officials from the Bergamo prosecutor's office will soon arrive in Madrid to collect bags of blood, labeled ‘No.2' and ‘Birillo' which Spanish investigators have attributed to Ivan Basso," the magazine reported Tuesday. "

maybe i don't understand DNA testing, which I don't really, but it seems to me there is no real need to take the bags back to italy. why not run a DNA test on all the bags found at fuentes place. have that info on file. then, anytime you want to check in on someone involved with OP check their DNA results against the results from every bag?

Or, with DNA testing do you not get an answer like 5 to match the 5 from the athelete? How expensive are these tests?

For Basso, JU, or any of these guys, why test against only the bags with the guessed nickname? Does that not leave the ability to have a bag there but with an unknown nickname ... So, if No.2 or Birillo is not Basso but some other guy and Basso has bags there under some other nickname, does he not get busted? Seems weak.

ada@prorider.or
04-24-2007, 04:01 PM
[I]"How expensive are these tests?

125 euro

gt6267a
04-24-2007, 04:05 PM
125 euro

so, why not just test every bag. what is the transfering biz? do they already have the info and this is just a show?

ada@prorider.or
04-24-2007, 04:15 PM
so, why not just test every bag. what is the transfering biz? do they already have the info and this is just a show?
question of law

AgilisMerlin
04-24-2007, 04:19 PM
dna might have already matched those that were in the vampires vault.

uci is pushing this forward to clean house.

grand tour organizers hold every card.

This is going to get nasty...................................

once the dna testing is proved, the rider's lawyers will try and discredit the labs and the samples handling. This is a shyt storm, going in circles, where everyone is going to get sprayed :no:

david
04-24-2007, 04:22 PM
125 euro

surely, there must be volume discounts.

J.Greene
04-24-2007, 04:32 PM
I wondered and still wonder why they hired him to start with. We knew the bags were out there and could very well be tested (as they should atmo). I think this mess says more about Disco than it does the other parties. What Armstrong/Weisel/Bruneel are willing to risk to win should not surprise anyone now.

JG

ada@prorider.or
04-24-2007, 05:07 PM
next is gene manipulation
thanks to sponsered research

nm87710
04-24-2007, 05:25 PM
Levi will be Disco's man in July ;)

BBB
04-24-2007, 05:41 PM
next is gene manipulation
thanks to sponsered research

It's a long way off from what I've heard, but it is certainly a huge can of worms.

Elefantino
04-24-2007, 05:49 PM
Test. Lots. Make sure everyone's clean. Whatever the cost.

If no one trusts the French lab, use one in Geneva. The Swiss are neutral. Leave it up to the WHO.

Unfortunately, I have come to believe none of the dopers is innocent. They got caught. All of them should. In order to clean this sport, there needs to be a phase of brutality. Floyd? Gone. Ullrich? Gone. Basso? Gone. Anyone else who dopes? Gone.

We can due process this thing to death but shouldn't.

And I'm a civil libertarian.

I hate this.

AgilisMerlin
04-24-2007, 05:57 PM
[QUOTE=gt6267a]"Officials from the Bergamo prosecutor's office will soon arrive in Madrid to collect bags of blood, labeled ‘No.2' and ‘Birillo' which Spanish investigators have attributed to Ivan Basso," the magazine reported Tuesday. "

maybe i don't understand DNA testing, which I don't really, but it seems to me there is no real need to take the bags back to italy. why not run a DNA test on all the bags found at fuentes place. have that info on file. then, anytime you want to check in on someone involved with OP check their DNA results against the results from every bag?"

i think this is what they are doing. Big Guns first then a trickle down throughout the season. Lot of riders out of work.

Disco just revealed they have dumped Basso, in so many words.

Ullrich who ?

Avispa
04-24-2007, 11:24 PM
Levi will be Disco's man in July

To see Levi racing against Valverde, Sastre, and the likes.... I surely will not put my cash near Disco!

RIHans
04-24-2007, 11:54 PM
Andrew...Lil' Rhody

Elefantino
04-25-2007, 05:00 AM
To see Levi racing against Valverde, Sastre, and the likes.... I surely will not put my cash near Disco!

Levi will be working for Popo.

rwsaunders
04-26-2007, 11:26 PM
We passed our test.

learlove
04-26-2007, 11:34 PM
it's all crafted by lance blood-dope-strong to take the pressure/media speculation off himself. basso is now the fall guy and lance epo-strong walks away unscathed.

BBB
04-27-2007, 08:41 AM
And a doped Ullrich and Basso further stretches Armstrong's claims of doping innocence.