PDA

View Full Version : Price INCREASE for Serotta models

Smiley
04-21-2007, 02:22 PM
Not surprising with the way precious metals are going up in price that Serotta is having to compensate for their costs by raising prices. I am in the HVAC equipment sales business and we have had nothing but price increases to pass onto clients due to steel, Stainless steel and worse yet Titanium if you can get it with 24 month plus lead time.

THINK before you dump that perfectly good Ti frame set. Inflation will make it impossible to replace that baby down the road. Get your orders in now as prices go up May 1st

Serotta PETE
04-21-2007, 03:06 PM
I keep on reading there is no meaningful inflation BUT why do prices keep going up on all the things I like or need....Wish my salary was getting inflated :D :D

steelrider
04-21-2007, 06:45 PM
Hmm, maybe I should get off of my butt and sell my Seven Axiom. I could switch the group and other gear on to my waiting in the wings Legend, life would be good.

sg8357
04-21-2007, 09:17 PM
I keep on reading there is no meaningful inflation BUT why do prices keep going up on all the things I like or need....Wish my salary was getting inflated :D :D

"Don't you know there is a war on, say the tradesmen with a grin"
Abigail Adams, 1776

Scott G.
Somewhere East of Suez

saab2000
04-21-2007, 09:33 PM
Much faster than inflation.
They charge that much not because the need to, but because they can. Last year they also went up about $100 per frame. I'll get a longevity raise in May worth about $75 per month. I would love to get a new Serotta. But until I get smart enough to get out of the business of flying airplanes I will have to settle for used Serottas. Thankfully I have been doing pretty well with those!! :beer:

SoCalSteve
04-22-2007, 01:01 AM
Guess I ordered mine at a good time...Always wanted a custom (for me) Ottrott ST and decided that I wanted that more than the Pegoretti BLE....

I guess about 5 more weeks.

Steve

Ahneida Ride
04-22-2007, 10:06 AM
THINK before you dump that perfectly good Ti frame set. Inflation will make it impossible to replace that baby down the road. Get your orders in now as prices go up May 1st

Smiley, It's Dilution not inflation. The frn is counterfeited outta thin air.

Too much water in the orange juice and we need to drink evey more copious amounts to capture the same amount of Vitamin C. It's that simple.
Gas is now 3 frn a gallon or 18 cents a gallon.

We have frns (federal reserve notes), not dollars. :butt: :no:

For ever frn the Incredible Preserve Counterfeits, the banks can counterfeit
an additional 9 frn using fictional reserve.

This whole process is better the cold nuclear fusion and not 1 in 1000 understands the subtafuge.

And to top it off, we pay interest on all these counterfeit dollars.
The frn is a Note issued by the Incredible Preserve unredeamable in anything. The Incredible Preserve is no more Federal then Federal Express.

Smiley
04-22-2007, 11:49 AM
Smiley, It's Dilution not inflation. The frn is counterfeited outta thin air.

Too much water in the orange juice and we need to drink evey more copious amounts to capture the same amount of Vitamin C. It's that simple.
Gas is now 3 frn a gallon or 18 cents a gallon.

We have frns (federal reserve notes), not dollars. :butt: :no:

For ever frn the Incredible Preserve Counterfeits, the banks can counterfeit
an additional 9 frn using fictional reserve.

This whole process is better the cold nuclear fusion and not 1 in 1000 understands the subtafuge.

And to top it off, we pay interest on all these counterfeit dollars.
The frn is a Note issued by the Incredible Preserve unredeamable in anything. The Incredible Preserve is no more Federal then Federal Express.
RideMan , I tried explaining this to our Pal Flydhest in order for him to tell his bosses to stop the insanity, I think they need you to go work for Uncle Ben :)

palincss
04-22-2007, 04:48 PM
Not surprising with the way precious metals are going up in price that Serotta is having to compensate for their costs by raising prices.

Serotta makes bikes out of precious metals? Neither light nor stiff, atmo.