PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to some great forum members

vandeda
04-19-2007, 08:07 PM
I just want to give a public thanks to some great forum members.

First, I want to thank Jeff (sokyroadie) for offering me a great deal on a Fierte: http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=28155

I want to thank Adam (93LegendTi) because he had dibs on the frame ahead of me. He was generous enough to give me his spot!

I want to thank Bill Bove for giving me fitting advice

And I really need to offer Smiley a huge thanks because he was patient enough with my 10,000 PMs for fitting advice.

This frameset isn't even for myself, but a bike I'm building for someone else, and it's probably the most exciting build I've done yet. When Smiley suggested that the Fierte 54s would probably be a good fit, my heart sunk a bit because I thought 1) no way I can fit this in the price range and 2) I imagine Serotta doesn't sell a lot of the "s" geometry frames, there's little chance I will find one for sale at the price I need anytime soon. But by God's grace and some awesome people here, it happened. I hope I can get it all setup by her birthday on May 6th!

Thanks again to all!
Dan

Smiley
04-19-2007, 08:21 PM
I hope she ( the lucky rider ) turns out to be the next Connie Carpenter :)

93legendti
04-19-2007, 10:22 PM
Any time! Glad it worked out for you.

Poor Smiley, he has done the same for me.

Hey, if you need a grouppo, I am tired of staring at the Ultegra 10 I took off my Fierte Ti and would love to get rid of the grouppo fo a real good price. PM me if you're interested.

sokyroadie
04-20-2007, 04:49 AM
No problem, hope she enjoy's the bike. It will ship Monday and you shoiuld have NLT Wed. You are the one who deserves thanks for getting a kid into cycling.

Thanks,
Jeff