PDA

View Full Version : Open House Sag support

Smiley
06-07-2004, 09:06 AM
The wife an I are bring 3 bikes to do 2 days of riding and were strongly considering riding our Tandem for the longish Saturday ride. So we carry small panniers on the rear and we are open to selling sag support for you racer dude's that would like us to carry your snickers bars and spare gatorade . Yes everything is for rent or sale in America , so on a first come first serve basis we'll be happy to be your Sherpa for the day . If I get enough requests I may even mount my mid size panniers and slep some more stuff for you racer types.

Additionally we will be carrying with us Bungee cords so we can give any and all wheel suckers the draft of your lives on the flats or down hills ( no up hill pulls are required ). So contact me if interested in Sherpa services or draft assistance . :banana: :banana:

Climb01742
06-07-2004, 09:20 AM
would it be cruel of me to ask smiley to bring along a lot of really heavy food and liquid? :p

but on a slightly more serious note, my Significant Other was asking me this weekend if she was going to get left in the dust this weekend? she's been riding seriously now for about a year, and is building up her strength nicely but is worried about being her own personal "latern rogue" (sp?). will there be a number of different distance and speed of riding groups?

Bruce K
06-07-2004, 09:32 AM
Climb;

Please tell Mrs. Climb not to worry. There are sevreal different routes and varying groups on all of them.

She will not be left behind.

BK

M_A_Martin
06-07-2004, 09:34 AM
Hey, She can probably beat me!

My knee still isn't quite recovered from surgery last year...

Besides, they do have sag service (she could wave them down and have them drop her in front of the pack a few times :banana: )

Smiley
06-07-2004, 09:35 AM
Two distances and two rides . I think the short ride is about 30 miles and the long ride is about 60 but as BBDave will tell you getting lost adds about 5-10 miles to this distance as getting lost with a bunch of racer dudes is not hard as you all just follow a paceline and NOBODY reads street signs .

As far as heavy food and liquids are concerned we'll slep anything per pound of weight . My wife may decide to ride her Legend and do the short ride with your SO and Kelly Bedford who always claims he's been fishing more than riding . This leaves me to be a racer dude and get lost with Sandy on the course . Actually it would be much fun to ride with you and Pete and Spoke and Sandy and Len and others in a bunch where we take an OATH of no one gets dropped but I know you guys can't keep your promises. You all see a RABBIT and you all have to get baited to jump to catch it. Sorry Bruce K your included in this group along with Bill Bove as long as he brings a 27 tooth cassette .

Serotta PETE
06-07-2004, 10:11 AM
Looking forward to seeing and riding with all of you. A "no drop" is a good thing - - -Smiley did that for me last year.... (and I only had to tighten the rear break till it rubbed, to keep him going that s-l-o-w.)

Sandy, I assume you real be bringing your "designer" cycle bag....the one with Safe-Way on it>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Tell Gloria, I am lookin forward to seeing her - - - even if that includes seeing you.

PETE

dave thompson
06-07-2004, 10:22 AM
Smiley will probably have his panniers loaded with Cicadas, for the night time serenade.

Climb01742
06-07-2004, 10:36 AM
i will gladly sign a "no drop" oath. especially if it also applies to cycling shorts. ;) one moon in the sky is plenty.

BumbleBeeDave
06-07-2004, 10:39 AM
. . . they will be able to come up with a route I have not ridden before. So just follow me--and that applies especially to any Swedish Bikini Team or Playboy Extreme Team members who show up.

BTW, will Sandy fit in one of those panniers?

BBDave

M_A_Martin
06-07-2004, 10:53 AM
I'll be doing the 60 miler...(drive 12 hours to ride 30 miles? I've done sillier things, but that's not the plan) We'll see how the knee comes out of the drive and go from there...

Sandy
06-07-2004, 11:03 AM
Thanks for your kind offer. You must have known that I just got a new dog from the shelter. Tiny is an adult male mix- Part Mastiff, St. Bernard, Rottweiler, Newfoundland, and a little Polar Bear mixed in. Tiny is having a little trouble adjusting to his new home (and a lot of trouble fitting through the front door).

I would like to reserve enough room on your tandem for my Teriffic Tiny. If the room on the tandem is tight with Tiny, you, and the First Mate, would you please tell the First Mate that she will have to get off the bike and run alongside of Tiny and pet him as you and Tiny push up the hills.

I thank you in advance for your kind offer and your love of dogs.

Sandman

Kevan
06-07-2004, 11:11 AM
Tiny. I think I would have taken my chances in cage 13. :D

Gee...so close, but 85 miles apart. I'll be hanging out in Lenox Mass next weekend myself. Maybe if your routes take you towards Vermont we could meet! :D

BumbleBeeDave
06-07-2004, 11:14 AM
Sounds like all the room is taken. I was hoping you could carry my bag of ham-hock and lima been flavored energy bars.

BBDave

Sandy
06-07-2004, 12:16 PM
Bring it along. Tiny will take care of it. He needs th nourishment.

Sandy

Sandy
06-07-2004, 12:19 PM
Sweet Pea,

I sleep in cage 13. Perhaps you can visit me there tonight!!!

And I thought that 13 was an unlucky number.

With 13 wishes for us in cage 13,

Mr. Lucky

Serotta PETE
06-07-2004, 01:19 PM
Cage 13 and a visit to Sandy at night>>>>>>you are brave...

Kevan
06-07-2004, 02:37 PM
I'm feeling sick. I'm sorry I divulged my location for next weekend. 85 miles ain't far enough for the likes of him! :confused:

Sandy
06-07-2004, 04:37 PM
Please don't talk about Tiny like that. He is trying to adapt to the human world.

Tiny's DADA

Sandy
06-07-2004, 04:47 PM
Sweet Pea,

Isn't Lenox, Mass. where they produce Lenox dishes?? Isn't Mass. the state in which they allow same sex marriages? Are you ordering us wedding dishes? Should I meet you in Lenox?? :) :) :) :)

Gloria, I have a change of plans. You wouldn't really understand. You go to Saratoga Springs. I have bigger and better plans.

Sandy

Kevan
06-07-2004, 06:16 PM
addressee unknown.

BumbleBeeDave
06-07-2004, 07:31 PM
. . . “bigger and better,” eh?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :butt: :eek: :eek: