PDA

View Full Version : Anybody getting this windstorm, ot

AgilisMerlin
04-16-2007, 05:01 PM
this supposed to blow through tuesday.

hope this doesn't travel up to new england.

saab2000
04-16-2007, 05:12 PM
It is not fun flying in this kind of wind. Or more precisely, not fun to take off or land in this kind of wind.

AgilisMerlin
04-16-2007, 05:15 PM
new england is getting pounded by rain and snow, if this storm hits.........it is going to be far from comforting.

you flying in and out of dulles right now ?

17" of snow in vermont, and westchester county in new york being evacuated.

saab2000
04-16-2007, 05:33 PM
new england is getting pounded by rain and snow, if this storm hits.........it is going to be far from comforting.

you flying in and out of dulles right now ?

17" of snow in vermont, and westchester county in new york being evacuated.

I fly in and out of DCA (Reagan National). Used to be based at Dulles (IAD). Where do they evacuate to in Westchester CO? If I had one of those nice homes there this is the perfect weather for hanging out at home!

AgilisMerlin
04-16-2007, 05:47 PM
http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/nat-gen/2007/apr/16/041602996.html

westchester county new york

rwsaunders
04-16-2007, 07:31 PM
Extremely windy all day in western PA. I have a friend and his wife who are stranded in NYC. They cancelled their flights and they can't rent a car. I told them to find a nice wine bar and hit the museums. The kids are with the grandparents.

tv_vt
04-16-2007, 09:26 PM
check out the Rutland Herald (VT) on-line. Central Vermont got nailed. Unbelievable winds all day.

BoulderGeek
04-16-2007, 10:38 PM
I just saw on the news in Colorado reports that Mt. Washington had 140MPH gusts!

I get 70MPH gusts coming down from the mountains, and it feels like the walls are coming in. Can't imagine.

Hardlyrob
04-18-2007, 09:50 AM
It has been unbelievable here north of Boston for the past couple of days. I was in Phoenix yesterday, and after we landed last night and were parked at the gate, the plane continued to shake like we were flying through turbulence, but we were on the ground. Not a fun landing either, our pilot came in real fast, I guess to mitigate the winds. There's always that moment when you wonder if we're going to slow down enough to not end up in the water.

Tons of trees down. Gusts of 35 - 60 MPH. 4+ inches of rain, and my side yard and part of the road has been claimed by the Ipswich river. Roof shingles in the road (watch out for nails), and the comforting buzz of chainsaws everywhere.

For other North Shore Forumites - if you want a good laugh, go by the Topsfield Fair on Rt. 1 - about half of it is under water.

Cheers!

Rob

William
04-18-2007, 10:06 AM
It was pretty ferocious here in RI. Roads were closed, flooding, trees and branches down every where. The road was a freaking obstacle course when I went out early am. There will be junk on the roads for a while making riding quite interesting.

William

djg
04-18-2007, 12:43 PM
Interesting little stretch across the 14th St. Bridge on the ride home yesterday. A little breezy--no worries, although somehow my nice traditional bars acquired embeded anatomic grips before I got home.

Tom
04-18-2007, 01:03 PM
I got an email from my sister that her house up in North Haverhill, New Hampshire, had windows blown in and about 25 or 30 trees blown down, power will be out for at least a week. The guy that looks in on it while she's away told her not to worry, she'll have plenty of firewood for a while.