PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone on the entire East coast...

Kevan
04-15-2007, 05:23 PM
ride today? What a mess.

Climb01742
04-15-2007, 05:31 PM
ride today? What a mess.

knowing what the weather forecast was, i got out at 6AM this morning. rode until 8 when it got really nasty and windy. it didn't begin raining until 7:30, so only the last half hour was wet. but dang, getting out at 6AM on a sunday was harsh.

Tom
04-15-2007, 05:34 PM
But I worked from midnight to 6:45, got home at 7:15, dialed back in and am still at it. Another half hour and then all I got to do is babysit the system recycle at 10pm for an hour or so.

Trainer tomorrow morning. We have about 4 inches of pure slush on the roads right now.

Kevan
04-15-2007, 05:36 PM
I didn't see you out there Climb. Left the Hilton in Woburn before 7am and beat a hasty retreat for NY. As we drove towards 95 I saw a jogger get his last chance to stretch his legs before tomorrow's big day.

BoulderGeek
04-15-2007, 05:41 PM
If it makes you feel any better, it was 73, dry and sunny in Colorado today!

[ducks]

:-D

Hmm, for some reason the server won't let me upload an 86KB picture of the lovely blue sky.

tch
04-15-2007, 05:53 PM
but got in one last day of skiing yesterday. They opened up Mt. Snow for one more weekend and I drove up to take advantage of the 8" that fell on Thursday. The snow was heavy but fresh and the mountain has enough cover that you could drop into the woods without fear of stumps, etc. Amazing for April 14. Only the committed were there, so you cycled right onto the lift at the end of every run. Even the patrol was ducking ropes. If you wanted to ski it, they looked the other way. I skied until I could barely stand.
Today, I graded papers and rested my sore legs. Life is tough.....

rwsaunders
04-15-2007, 05:54 PM
We snuck a ride in early yesterday, before baseball practice, soccer match, baseball game and the rain. It hasn't stopped raining since 5:00 pm on Saturday.

Grant McLean
04-15-2007, 06:11 PM
I rode all of my today miles yesterday.

It was almost pleasant by about 4pm on Saturday,
not a bad day with not much wind to slog in a
five hour ride.

g

Fat Robert
04-15-2007, 06:14 PM
i arrived at the local crit (four blocks from casa fat) too late to register for the 3 race, and passed on the masters because I needed to be off the bike by 2...but the weather yesterday was great, perfect.

today, I'm happy I was scheduled to be a wackjob bartender and dish out wine to other fanatics...gave me the perfect excuse to *not* do today's 90 mile road race in 25mph winds and on-off rain. hope those guys had fun.

bigman
04-15-2007, 06:48 PM
In my basement!

dauwhe
04-15-2007, 06:58 PM
20k around 10AM, after it had started snowing. By the end all the forward-facing surfaces on my bike and body were encrusted in slush, including my legs and glasses. Not very pleasant out there today.

Dave

SponsorsWanted
04-15-2007, 07:02 PM
Three hours in the wind and rain, TN weather probably isn't that bad compared to what you guys in the northeast get, but it was still uncomfortable. The weather was great in Paris though.

justinf
04-15-2007, 07:07 PM
yeah-we had a really strange, beautiful hour-long oasis that I was lucky to jump on for a spin. Torrential rains before and after. such an odd day.

Too Tall
04-15-2007, 07:07 PM
I was all set to hit it (not) when my star athlete called and (awwwww) he heard about our unfortunate tandem mishap yesterday and figured he'd help me thru a long dualing computrainer session. Cha' know what? Thatyoung man reminds me that all young riders are not selfish and self centered :) Despite being inside EIGHT FREAKIN weeks from our event I am not panicing...yet.

CNY rider
04-15-2007, 07:09 PM
I just spent an hour sitting in front of the pellet stove, fire blazing, watching Paris Roubaix and eating chocolate Ghirardelli squares. The sleet is flying horizontally against the windows and it feels like mid-January.

Does that count for anything? :banana:

AgilisMerlin
04-15-2007, 07:27 PM
it is not over yet.

we are getting slammed by a huge, hellacious windstorm, on the backside of this front.

I love continually digging irrigation ditches.

the road for tom. morning will be dry.

beungood
04-15-2007, 08:00 PM
Yes, I did ride today, in a 2005 Ford Crown Vic Police Interceptor. Whatta ride.. arrested a 2nd time OUI offender .32 BAC..

obtuse
04-15-2007, 08:17 PM
Yes, I did ride today, in a 2005 Ford Crown Vic Police Interceptor. Whatta ride.. arrested a 2nd time OUI offender .32 BAC..

that's a wonderful story. next time pull the seat all the way forward and pin your left elbow against your chest to hold the wheel steady with your left hand; use your right arm to correct. keep one eye shut and remember the object is to stay in the lane; not to play pac-man and try to eat all the centerline dots.

obtuse