PDA

View Full Version : spoiler, the winner of PR

AgilisMerlin
04-15-2007, 02:10 PM
seems like ogrady just accelerated through the village, with no one giving him a thought. Very Odd.

that's bike racing.

no fade in the last 12 miles.

great victory. CSC has got some mighty big ballz. :D

Hope he is drunk as a skunk right now.

AgilisMerlin
04-15-2007, 03:12 PM
http://team-csc.com/gallery_start.asp

AgilisMerlin
04-15-2007, 03:30 PM
http://team-csc.com/grafik/wallpapers/1280x1024/wall_1280_42.jpg

Darrell
04-15-2007, 05:32 PM
seems like ogrady just accelerated through the village, with no one giving him a thought. Very Odd.

that's bike racing.

no fade in the last 12 miles.

great victory. CSC has got some mighty big ballz. :D

Hope he is drunk as a skunk right now.

If you knew O'Grady he would be having a few beers!!!!
Nothing "Very Odd" about O'Grady's accelerations! :bike:
You know he is one tough tough hungry bike rider.
Trackie extraordinaire, Malliot Jaune,TDF stage wins, Athens Madison gold, palmares..................e tc etc etc.
Loves to really race.
He was coming back after flatting in "The forest" while Wiseman was going off the front, spent the day on the front and then went through them like Epson salts. The big one day win was always going to come, he has been knocking at this for for years, and he has been really chasing it for years. He knew he just had to keep trying and one day the form and everything else would drop into place and bingo.

I have been blessed to have worked {mechanico}with him as worlds, Five ring gigs and C.Games and many other times.
Bloody Aussie Legend!!!! :banana: :beer: :beer:
He should be our PM when he retires from the bikes.

Too Tall
04-15-2007, 07:10 PM
I was screaming :) Well deserved and boy howdy was he flying.
It is really too bad about nice weather however eh?

weisan
04-15-2007, 07:48 PM
Darrell-pal took the word out of my mouth...er...except the PM part. :D

There's no worth--ier winner than Stuey. That guy can ride a bike better than 99.99% of folks out there.

Fat Robert
04-15-2007, 08:13 PM
how can you not love stuey?

all he does is ride hard from April to October, works his tail off, takes on anybody....

does he have a RVV or Paris-Tours win in him before he retires?

obtuse
04-15-2007, 08:21 PM
good work by o'grady. as my wife said, "that's the good australian not that ******* australian who headbuts people right?"

obtuse

hybridbellbaske
04-15-2007, 08:22 PM
I'm from Stuey's home town and whilst I don't know him, I have always felt that he was a "bloody aussie legend', to use Darrell's immortal words.

This will sound really stupid- but I had a premonition that he might win. On Saturday morning I was riding up Norton Summit Road, a popular local roadie climb (on my hors cat- having a lovely old time) and coming down the road was Brian O'Grady, Stuart's dad- wearing a full CSC team kit and riding a beautiful Credit Agricole team Look- no doubt both the kit and the bike sourced from Stuart. We said "G'day", as you do, and I thought to myself, "would'nt it be good if Stuart won PR- he seems in good form and he is really due for a big win..."

cs124
04-15-2007, 09:45 PM
...and it rained last night...the drought truly has broken. (The Aussie's will get it)

mike p
04-15-2007, 10:03 PM
I've always thought of OGrady as a regular kinda working class guy. He always seems to give it his all. I found myself praying he wouldn't get caught. Congrats to OGrady, couldn't have happened to a better guy.

Where is fixed anyway.

Mike

BBB
04-16-2007, 01:27 AM
good work by o'grady. as my wife said, "that's the good australian not that ******* australian who headbuts people right?"

obtuse

That's funny.

Simon Q
04-16-2007, 02:18 AM
That's funny.

Yes, Robbie sure gets an A for agression on all fronts so people generally love him or loathe him. I am in the middle. He does some silly things (like butting Stuey) but what he can do at 70 kmh is amazing, he has a sixth sense in a bunch kick.

Could not be happier with the winner of PR. Awesome.

soulspinner
04-16-2007, 05:49 AM
Wow- he looked invincible out there at 33 yrs old. Great to have his wife and baby there-he said it was his best day ever-looked at family and added on the bike...sweet.

AgilisMerlin
04-16-2007, 06:06 AM
I'm from Stuey's home town and whilst I don't know him, I have always felt that he was a "bloody aussie legend', to use Darrell's immortal words.

This will sound really stupid- but I had a premonition that he might win. On Saturday morning I was riding up Norton Summit Road, a popular local roadie climb (on my hors cat- having a lovely old time) and coming down the road was Brian O'Grady, Stuart's dad- wearing a full CSC team kit and riding a beautiful Credit Agricole team Look- no doubt both the kit and the bike sourced from Stuart. We said "G'day", as you do, and I thought to myself, "would'nt it be good if Stuart won PR- he seems in good form and he is really due for a big win..."

I suggest replicating that ride next Saturday, and throwing a cold six pack in your backpack before the ride, for a true congratulations.

nice story'