PDA

View Full Version : any picks for US pro champ?

shinomaster
06-06-2004, 01:46 PM
Fast Freddy? Or will Horner win big again? I think it would be nice if he did as he is such a champ.

oracle
06-06-2004, 01:50 PM
10 k to go.... rodriguez, horner, and ??

oracle
06-06-2004, 02:03 PM
oh well.

oracle
06-06-2004, 02:07 PM
looks like freddy takes the jersey, however. bet he' pissed that he didn't win it outright.

shinomaster
06-06-2004, 02:26 PM
well, now his jersey will match his custom painted Moser bike.

gt6267a
06-06-2004, 03:48 PM
i was taking pictures of the race turning from the ramp to kelly drive onto ridge. it was a cool looking shot. i hope it comes out. as i was walking back to manayunk, i saw the guys come down ridge after climbing the wall. as they went up the ramp to get back to kelly drive. i saw the horner and freddy 4-pack and was really hoping they stayed away.

overall watching the race was lots of fun. the manayunk wall is always fun. the guys climb so quickly you can't believe it. it looked like i got a good photo of the peloton climbing with a banner and fans in the background. we'll see what they look like when i get them developed...

yes, i said developed. i am an old school photog. i was shooting a nikon F2 with 28mm nikkor lens. ain't no autofocus here folks. in fact, i don't even use the in camera meter. i have a hand-held and dial it in myself.

shinomaster
06-06-2004, 03:55 PM
cool! I just won a NOS pentax k1000 on ebay so i can learn how to use a camera. I want to take slides of my art work.

gt6267a
06-06-2004, 04:12 PM
shino,

there is nothing sexier than shooting slide film. it is the best. i lived in lexington ky and shot horse racing with velvia. that stuff is gorgeous. of course, people come out looking like heathcliff, but who cares.

there was not enough light to shoot chromes today, but it would be glorius with all the color on the bikes, jerseys, helmets ...

if you are new to it, slide film is very damanding in terms of exposure. you have to nail it. once you have it down though, there is nothing like a great slide.

i have never done reproduction or copy work, but if you have general questions about exposure feel free to send me a private message.

-k

shinomaster
06-06-2004, 04:23 PM
hey thanks a bunch. I really am a total novice. I have always wanted a manual camera, because I think it is something every artist should own..Yay for ebay!

I'm sure I will make many mistakes. The fist thing I will take a picture of is my bike collection.

Shino photo fool

gt6267a
06-06-2004, 05:14 PM
Shino,

if you decide to really get into photography Ansel Adams has three books worth reading The camera, The Negative and The Print. They are the type of books you read first as a novice to learn the craft, then again as an intermediate because the knowledge you bring to the table will enable you to learn more, and then as an expert to really get an insight into the master. at least that what my mentor says an expert gets from the books because i don't qualify.

anyway, good luck and have fun shooting.

-k