PDA

View Full Version : Boonen's Saddle

jhcakilmer
04-15-2007, 11:08 AM
I was watching the race today, and noticed that boonen has not been riding the Regal saddle that he was earlier in the year.

It seems as though he's got a Specialized saddle on there, any info on that. I looked back at the Flanders, and Gent pics, and I wasn't able to get an up close pic, but the red color on the wings are definitely not a Regal.

???

coylifut
04-15-2007, 11:37 AM
I was watching the race today, and noticed that boonen has not been riding the Regal saddle that he was earlier in the year.

It seems as though he's got a Specialized saddle on there, any info on that. I looked back at the Flanders, and Gent pics, and I wasn't able to get an up close pic, but the red color on the wings are definitely not a Regal.

???

I think it's his normal saddle, but with a Specialized cover - like they did with Cipolini's saddle.

edouard
04-15-2007, 11:40 AM
their saddles he likes ...

jhcakilmer
04-15-2007, 12:25 PM
I think it's his normal saddle, but with a Specialized cover - like they did with Cipolini's saddle.

Are you sure, because I thought I saw a cut-out section when the camera was following him....but it was only for a second at a time.

stevep
04-15-2007, 12:50 PM
put me in the
"no way its a specialized saddle" camp.

BdaGhisallo
04-15-2007, 01:07 PM
It's a regal with a cover on it. Look closely at shots of the bike and you can see the rivets below the cover.

coylifut
04-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Are you sure, because I thought I saw a cut-out section when the camera was following him....but it was only for a second at a time.

it really looks like a Regal to me. Selle Italia makes a few private label ones for Bontrager and others where the side profile is different, but the shape and construction are the same. The pictures I've seen don't show a cutt-out.

jhcakilmer
04-15-2007, 01:17 PM
Yeah, I just found this pic. Obviously a Regal.