PDA

View Full Version : Cycling TV - AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!

Ray
04-15-2007, 09:13 AM
I'm sitting here trying to watch Paris Roubaix and having absolutely no luck. Constantly cutting out, rebuffering, showing a still shot with a bit of commentary, then totally dead, then maybe a few seconds of actual live action, followed by cutting out again. I have plenty of throughput on my end - a FIOS connection and the wireless running at about 50 mbps, but Cycling TV must not be able to handle the demand. It was ok earlier in the race, but once everyone woke up and tuned in, it's not worth anything.

Is anyone having better luck? Am I doing something wrong here, or is it the bandwidth at their end?

-Ray

ergott
04-15-2007, 09:40 AM
256k feed, so far so good.

Ray
04-15-2007, 09:47 AM
I'm using the 880 and when it starts breaking up, I can go back to the standard feed for a second, then switch back, and everything's cool. Good picture too.

-Ray

BarryG
04-15-2007, 10:25 AM
800kbps feed was rock solid here (10Mbps FIOS) for full 4 hours.

jhcakilmer
04-15-2007, 10:32 AM
+1

My connection was rocking, too!! Absolutely perfect!!

Sorry you had trouble, that is frustrating. I just have DSL and my speed is consistantly at 2.8-3 mbps, and I always have a great picture!

I just wish it was full screen........does anyone know if that is possible?

Thanks

BoulderGeek
04-15-2007, 12:38 PM
Do you all pay for Cycling.tv Premium?

I can't stand the constant commercials and crappy picture quality on teh free station.

I think the concept of cycling.tv is great. However, given the experience of watching the free channel, I am less (not more) inclined to pay.

Ray
04-15-2007, 12:52 PM
Do you all pay for Cycling.tv Premium?

I can't stand the constant commercials and crappy picture quality on teh free station.

I think the concept of cycling.tv is great. However, given the experience of watching the free channel, I am less (not more) inclined to pay.
Yeah, I paid for the premium sometime last year. The picture at 800kb is pretty good. Very sharp in a small window and a little worse than normal TV in full screen mode. There weren't many commercials - every 15-20 minutes or so they'd take a break and flash their logo on the screen for a few seconds, but it's not bad. Maybe there are more on the free service - not sure.

I ended up being able to watch most of the race in real time with pretty good pictures. But there were a few annoying breaks when the signal was interupted by something - I don't know if it was at their end (not likely based on everyone else's reports), my end, or maybe in between at my provider's point in the chain. For the relatively low cost, though, its the only game in town now that VS keeps cutting their coverage back in the post-Lance era.

-Ray

AgilisMerlin
04-15-2007, 01:59 PM
watched the free station today.

perfect.

free.