PDA

View Full Version : Day before Christmas -- who's working and who's riding?

bulliedawg
12-24-2003, 06:45 AM
I'm riding as soon as the rain stops, which it's supposed to stop mid-morning. Have fun y'all, and a happy holiday, no matter which one you celebrate!

sic'em

Kevin
12-24-2003, 07:01 AM
bulliedawg,

It is supposed to rain all day on Long Island. So no riding for me. I will be in the office until noon. Then I am off to my parents for Christmas eve. With five kids under the age of 7, all believers, it will be the way that Christmas is supposed to be.

Have a Merry Christmas.

Kevin

Len J
12-24-2003, 07:08 AM
Rain here on the Eastern Shore all day.

No Office but a 2 hr confrence call mid-day.

May do rollers this PM if the rain doesn't stop.

You all have a happy & safe christmas.

Len

Joel
12-24-2003, 07:21 AM
In the office till we close at 1:00 pm

Then an afternoon tour though the orange groves west of town.

Got to love living in Orlando!

Seasons Greetings To All!

Joel

gwk
12-24-2003, 07:23 AM
I ain't workin and I ain't ridin. Feels good to do nothing!!

bulliedawg
12-24-2003, 07:24 AM
Kevin:

Five kids under seven! You da man! I'm the youngest of five. Aren't many families in today's society having that many youngins. I have great admiration. That will make for a truly fun Christmas.

sic'em and have fun

Too Tall
12-24-2003, 07:30 AM
My legs are so shredded from the last two days I'd turn to concrete if I didn't do an easy ride today.

OK, I'm an addict.

Be safe.

Bill Bove
12-24-2003, 07:40 AM
Rode this morning, now I'm at work. Festivus party tonight followed by midnight mass, a shrt nights sleep and a nice ride in the morning.

:)

Merry Christmas everyone and God bless us all!

Smiley
12-24-2003, 07:57 AM
Gotta get the wifes present , any thoughts and she already has a Legend Ti. Thinking of a Day Spa gift Certificate along with a George Foreman Grill. Help me Ginger ?

The Captain wishing one and all Smoooth Sailing for the next year.:banana:

Bruce K
12-24-2003, 08:01 AM
In the office until noon.

Then it's off to the LBS to pick up my Hanukkah/Christmas present from my wife (Mavic Win-tech installed on my TT bike) and some stocking stuffers for my 16 year old son.

Then it's 1 last Christmas present to buy and home for a long weekend.

I've been lazy the last few weeks but with rain later today, the holiday, etc. I have an excuse until Friday. Then it's back on the bike for a "show off our new winter gear" photo with the Can Crash Cycle Club (Manchester-by-the-Sea, MA) and a short, easy spin.

I can't wait to get back on the bike.

Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, and Happy and Healthy New Year to all you Serottaphiles (and Calfee Kev and Spectrum Bob too)!

BK

ssvacyclist
12-24-2003, 08:14 AM
Not in office today unless I get an emergency call.

If the rain lets up, then out for a ride, if not then on trainer.

Happy Holidays to all and thank goodness for the new message board!!!!

Tom
12-24-2003, 08:39 AM
An hour in the cellar cursing The Snow Eating Fog. It doesn't matter if it's warm, when it freezes again it's going to be patches of black ice. It might as well be snowy and good looking, not dirty gray with plastic grocery bags blowing around and catching in the trees like enormous prophylactics. Fake icicle lights hanging from the houses because it never gets cold any more. Plastic lighted snowmen in the mud of the front yard because it never snows any more. Wire articulated reindeer in the neighbors yard that I swear I'm going to go out tonight and stack up into certain positions that are banned in Boston.

God I hate this dark of the year.

Everybody have a great holiday time and I hope that the next year brings all of you peace, contentment, happiness and a shiny new bike if you want one. Stay healthy.

Dr. Doofus
12-24-2003, 08:39 AM
I'm moving, then off to the in-laws. then back here...a ride looks doubtful

Robert

Blastinbob
12-24-2003, 08:46 AM
I have the day off and no rain in sight , so I'll get a couple of hours on the bike this morning . The 50 degree weather isn't going to keep "THIS" diehard in the house. :)

rePhil
12-24-2003, 08:55 AM
Roads were wet from a passing front but temp feels in the 60's. So I took the rain bike out for a tour of the neighborhoods and a trip to the Bay.We have neighborhood of Amish/Mennonite's who winter here. They are out in full force. It's nice to watch people enjoying simple pleasures. Then off to the other side, through town to the extravagance of the Bayfront with yachts and the wealthy that own them.

Too Tall
12-24-2003, 08:57 AM
It's turned to a nasty drizzle here so I'll scurry onto the subway like a rat. Probably a better fate than risking the DC roads with all the amateur drunks ;)

Johny
12-24-2003, 09:42 AM
Serotta Bob,
You lucky dog. Going outside in the 50 degree is like perfect weather to me.

Kevin,
5 kids under the age of 7! You are blessed! My first son is just over a month old; I hope to have two more kids, if not, at least one more.

For me, still sitting in the laboratory, trying to finish some paper work. Will leave at 5 to attend my church activity.

Merry Xmas to all,

John

pbbob
12-24-2003, 10:00 AM
working at the nursing home, taking some of the burden off the doc's backs. then a little shopping and then dinner with the wifemate and mother in law.

certified chiquita free holidays to all..

TmcDet
12-24-2003, 10:04 AM
doesn't look as if I will get a ride in today, will be putting together Christmas presents all afternoon....am sure there will be a ride tomorrow my 8 yr is getting a road bike for Christmas (no it isn't a Serotta) and I know she will want to ride tomorrow

djg
12-24-2003, 10:06 AM
posting something on the internet (which isn't my job) but I'm at work and will get back to it shortly.

shazer
12-24-2003, 10:07 AM
Cloudy and cool this am. Played guitar for an hour instead as a warmup for tonight. Big family tradition guitarfest Christmas Eve. Five players out of a family of six. Fun time!

Work till noon or 1:00. Gotta get gifts for the four-legged ones at home, then a quick spin this afternoon. Will be sunny then.

Everyone have a wonderful, safe, holiday!

shazer :)

Jay Torborg
12-24-2003, 11:49 AM
I'll be on the bike for a few hours, rain or shine. If you live in the Northwest, you have to get used to riding in the rain in the winter/spring. At least we don't get snow so we CAN ride year round. It actually looks like it might be a nice day today - the sun is peeking through the clouds. The roads are still wet from rain last night, so I'll probably take the rain bike.

- Jay

BumbleBeeDave
12-24-2003, 12:19 PM
. . . to Majorca on vacation. I ran into Jan Ulrich at the airport while I was in Germany over Thanksgiving and he invited me to his mini-camp there for New Year's. He says Majorca is great riding this time of year. I'll try to pick up some autographed T-Mobile caps for all you guys!

BBDave

BumbleBeeDave
12-24-2003, 12:23 PM
. . . I was making all that up! Man , you guys will believe ANYTHING!

Raining and foggy here--really! Haven't ridden outside since Thanksgiving Day, but spin classes twoice a week are keeping things nice and taut. I'll just be at home for Christmas with my daughter, then we are joining KeyBank Tom and wife Karen for dinner. We're supposed to bring dessert.

Now excuse me, I need to go get started on those Ex-Lax brownies!

BBDave

Big Jim
12-24-2003, 12:57 PM
Pouring rain today in upstate NY, along with the snow runoff there is a ton of water on the roads...if somebody is riding in this weather, I'd like to see it.

Big Jim

Saxon
12-24-2003, 12:57 PM
Rain... rain... and more rain...

larryp2
12-24-2003, 02:20 PM
pouring rain, they say flurries tomorrow so on the road then....ljp

bigwheel
12-24-2003, 02:39 PM
Not today. It's pouring rain in north NJ today. I have a steel bike and get as freaked out about rust as the tin man from the wizard of OZ.

I went for a really nice ride yesterday though! It was 50 degrees and sunny. I had so much fun. I forgot how awesome it is to be outside and rolling down some big hills, breathing the fresh air and taking in the scenery. I've been indoors since the first snow fall in early December. That ride is probably the best Christmas present that I'm going to get.

mso
12-24-2003, 03:51 PM
Riding. Mid 50's but the suns out in San Diego. Looking forward to some rain tomorrow.

pale scotsman
12-24-2003, 04:06 PM
I worked and rode. Well showed up to work that is. Did my little hill workout this afternoon in 48 degree weather with not a cloud in the sky. Beautiful. Only if I could just convince myself I love hills.

Planning to knock out 57 miles to the parents house tomorrow if the usual Chistmas Eve crowd doesn't stay too late at the homestead.....

davids
12-24-2003, 05:16 PM
Up at five, at Logan by 6:30, in W. Palm Beach at 11:15, and picking up a bike by 2:00.

Just did a short, slow ride back to my in-laws in Jupiter (with wife toodling along behind me...) Tomorrow, a real ride - my first on the road since October - up A1A!

10 days in Florida - Live is good!

TimD
12-24-2003, 08:11 PM
Mmmm, I had my chance, it was almost dry at 0900 but pouring rain at noon. Motivation to resume work on the adventure bike.

The upside is I went yesterday. And Monday. And Friday. And Thursday.

But not today, and not tomorrow. Friday, fer sure.

I hope Santa brings everyone a huge carbon Ti steel Ksyrium Open Pro Fizik Deda Speedplay Wound Up cookie tin filled to the brim with treats, so y'all will have lotsa guilt to ride off come spring.

Merry Christmas!

shinomaster
12-24-2003, 08:20 PM
Retail is pure joy. I hope all of you were nice to the clerks whilst out shopping. Just remember we have to put up with shoppers for more than a month!!:crap: :crap: :banana: :beer: :rolleyes: :mad: :) :argue:
Happy Retail Holiday!!!

shinomaster

Kevan
12-24-2003, 09:56 PM
Rain...rain...go away...

Oh Hell, might as well go enjoy the final Rings movie.

I'm aiming to ride Friday, Saturday and Sunday, until my bells fall off!

vaxn8r
12-24-2003, 10:24 PM
It's rained for a few days in a row here in the Pacific NW. What a shock!

I worked until 12:30. On the road by 1:30. Got in 45 miles of DRY riding. Got home sat down in the hot tub and it's been raining ever since. Life is good!:)

shinomaster
12-25-2003, 12:21 AM
where in the NW are you?

vaxn8r
12-25-2003, 02:37 PM
Eugene.

No riding today. have to work:(