PDA

View Full Version : Lampierre - any good?

theprep
04-13-2007, 08:17 AM
My buddy is relying on me to steer him with his new bike purchase. He has a LOOK 381i, 57 cm that survived Spicoli T-Boning a minivan. Not the fork though. He thinks he kinda wants aluminum or at least something stiffer than the LOOK.

Frame/fork budget is $2k. We narrowed the list down from 15 or so bikes to the following:

-Strong Aluminum - easy decision for him, he has ridden mine, likes it, price was right. 18 week wait time too long however.

-Pegoretti 8:30 am - there are no leftover 55, 56 cm blue ones anywhere in the country, does not like the red model as much as the blue, we get some help from Obtuse who makes a nice offer, wait time too long again.

-Merckx Premium - the LBS is having a sale and is pushing Merckx's. A couple of days pass but the Sale price is still out of budget. $2,600 retail

-Pegoretti 8:30 am - he learns to like the red model a little more more. Gita has only 54 and 57 cm in stock. He looses Obtuse's numbers but we call International anyway. They have a Red 56 cm is stock that was damaged in shipping. Boy is he excited. Then the photos arrive. They are painful to look at, poor poor frame. The frame looks like my 4 kids attacked it with herringbone files.

-Jack Brunks Paris Carbon - I show him the Classified add, he likes it and we are waiting to hear back regarding his offer.

-Lampierre (sp?) carbon something-something shows up in the new Colorado Cyclist Catalog yesterday and is on sale $1,700 frame/fork, regularly $2,600. He really likes the looks of this bike. If the Paris Carbon deal doesn't work out, I think he wants to order this model.

I know nothing about these bikes and can't help him out. Does anyone have any experience with this manufacturer either good or bad?

Also, he still really likes the 8:30 am. Does anyone know a source for a 55 or 56 cm frame with no wait time.

thanks guys,
Joe

jasflyfisher
04-13-2007, 08:52 AM
No affiliation with the seller apart from being a satisified customer, but GVHBikes (http://www.gvhbikes.com/) is showing 55cm blue Pegoretti 8:30am as available.

Does this make me an enabler?

Good Luck,
John