PDA

View Full Version : Comparison: 2004 Specialized Allez Comp Cro-movs 2004 Litespeed Classic

beungood
04-12-2007, 10:03 PM
When not on my Spectrum Beam, I ride a Specialized Allez Comp Cro-mo . I saw a 2004 Litespeed Classic for sale $1800 or best offer. Would I be losing out selling my Allez and striking a deal for the lightspeed? Always interested in riding Ti bike. I want a Custom but am still paying for school..

Ken Robb
04-12-2007, 10:09 PM
LS Classic is a nice ride which was a mainstay of the LS lineup for years. Rides like agood steel bike.

Ken Robb
04-12-2007, 10:15 PM
LS Classic is a nice ride which was a mainstay of the LS lineup for years. Rides like agood steel bike.

Elefantino
04-13-2007, 01:27 AM
When not on my Spectrum Beam, I ride a Specialized Allez Comp Cro-mo . I saw a 2004 Litespeed Classic for sale $1800 or best offer. Would I be losing out selling my Allez and striking a deal for the lightspeed? Always interested in riding Ti bike. I want a Custom but am still paying for school..

Not to sound "be like me," but I sold my CSi because I fell in love with the Comp Cro-mo. Of all the steel I've ridden, it's the frame that feels the most dialed in. Bought mine as frame only from a rep and built it with Record. It just doesn't get any better.

I just built a LS Tuscany for a friend. Wicked light, but also very twitchy.

I am not paid to be a Specialized shill.

If they paid me, however, I would be.

DonH
04-13-2007, 09:56 AM
Not to sound "be like me," but I sold my CSi because I fell in love with the Comp Cro-mo. Of all the steel I've ridden, it's the frame that feels the most dialed in. Bought mine as frame only from a rep and built it with Record. It just doesn't get any better.

I just built a LS Tuscany for a friend. Wicked light, but also very twitchy.

I am not paid to be a Specialized shill.

If they paid me, however, I would be.

Had an Allez Comp Cro-mo for a while myself. Its a nice bike and quite a bargain IMO. I sold it recently while trying to 'thin the herd'. I wish i still had it though!

William
04-13-2007, 10:10 AM
Doh! Double post!

William
04-13-2007, 10:13 AM
Bro,

Heed your sig (unless you're plunking down for the Zank!):

"Everyone looks sexy on a Cro-MO"

William (more Heidens for you!!! ;) )

michael white
04-13-2007, 10:29 AM
I had a Classic and liked it. There's a "magic carpet" effect that is really impressive esp. if you haven't ridden Ti before.

funny thing, I wanted one of those Allez cro-mos, but I already had too many blue bikes.

I don't think there's much of a weight or performance difference, so it's all whatever you crave.

beungood
04-13-2007, 03:44 PM
I think I will keep it now after thinking about it. I was wondering about Ti and thought maybe I might gain something switching to it. But I'll get my Zank and maybe in a few years have a Spectrum made for me and my deformed dimensions... in the meanwhile.....I want the EFFEN ZANK!