PDA

View Full Version : You should all thank me...

SoCalSteve
04-12-2007, 09:04 PM
for keeping the Serotta Forum up and running (albeit slowly) for another month (or so) because I just placed my order for an Ottrott ST with F3 fork. I was emailed the build sheet yesterday and gave it a big thumbs up.

Oh yeah, thank BigBill as well for buying my Pegoretti and BigMan for buying the grouppo off the Peg. Spicoli needs to get a thank you as well for buying the stem, some bottle cages and a Ouzo Pro that I had sitting around for some such bike build (that never happened).

Its based on the exact geometry as my Kirk (because Dave just nailed it!). And the scheme is totally based on the Ottrott that I sold a few months back.

Polished Ti, reversed matte etched decals on the seat tube and chain stays and Titanium decals on clear carbon.

Simply elegant. The DBRK "less is more theory".

Had a great chat with Kelly Bedford about how it should be built (tube selection wise) and he was very informative and helpful in the decision making process. He's a very smart guy.

I was told 6 weeks. Lets hope sooner. If not, it will have to wait until after my trip to Italy (to see the final 2 stages of the Giro at the end of May) and New York (to ride with BigMan on Long Island).

Pictures to follow eventually.

My little way of helping to fund a great and informative place (and get a dream bike as well).

Steve

PS: A great shout out to John Cormier of Laughing Dog Cycles who put this altogether for me. We have been doing business for years and now he will be moving out to LA and hopefully be a riding buddy.

PSS: Smiley, I got my ST rear end!

93legendti
04-12-2007, 09:09 PM
Congrats. Nothin' like a new bike--especially an Ottrott. 8.5 or 10.5 tubes?

SoCalSteve
04-12-2007, 09:13 PM
Kelly suggested:

8.5 tubing, 8.5 fork, oversized chainstays and oversized ST rear end. And thats what I went with.

Johny
04-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Congrats Steve. Maybe your order would make the forum run faster.

We should thank Jack too. He has three Meivici's built for him (not enough to run the forum faster though...).

swoop
04-12-2007, 09:21 PM
i'm loving the ti/carbon experience. thanks for giving.... u r the man.
it's gonna be pretty.

93legendti
04-12-2007, 11:15 PM
Kelly suggested:

8.5 tubing, 8.5 fork, oversized chainstays and oversized ST rear end. And thats what I went with.

For me he suggested 6.5 for frame and fork and no oversized tubes for the stays. I listened to his suggestions.

bigbill
04-13-2007, 12:42 AM
Glad I could help. The BLE is the envy of Oahu.

m_moses
04-13-2007, 02:47 AM
Hi Steve,
Thanks for doing your part to support Serotta.

I'm curious though. My memory may be failing me but I thought that you sold your previous Ottrott because you were less than satisfied with it. Why did you decide to buy another?

No agenda here. This question is in the spirit of your frames-that-speak-to-you post. Just curious about what folks like and don't like. :)

Mick

Smiley
04-13-2007, 06:49 AM
I want a date with Hillary Duff , I am beyond the DKS rear end stuff nowadays Steve, So any love you can show a clone here :)

barry1021
04-13-2007, 07:10 AM
for keeping the Serotta Forum up and running (albeit slowly) for another month (or so) because I just placed my order for an Ottrott ST with F3 fork. I was emailed the build sheet yesterday and gave it a big thumbs up.

Oh yeah, thank BigBill as well for buying my Pegoretti and BigMan for buying the grouppo off the Peg. Spicoli needs to get a thank you as well for buying the stem, some bottle cages and a Ouzo Pro that I had sitting around for some such bike build (that never happened).

Its based on the exact geometry as my Kirk (because Dave just nailed it!). And the scheme is totally based on the Ottrott that I sold a few months back.

Polished Ti, reversed matte etched decals on the seat tube and chain stays and Titanium decals on clear carbon.

Had a great chat with Kelly Bedford about how it should be built (tube selection wise) and he was very informative and helpful in the decision making process. He's a very smart guy.

I was told 6 weeks. Lets hope sooner. If not, it will have to wait until after my trip to Italy (to see the final 2 stages of the Giro at the end of May) and New York (to ride with BigMan on Long Island).

My little way of helping to fund a great and informative place (and get a dream bike as well).

Steve

PS: A great shout out to John Cormier of Laughing Dog Cycles who put this altogether for me. We have been doing business for years and now he will be moving out to LA and hopefully be a riding buddy.

5BBC Montauk ride on LI in late May??

Serotta PETE
04-13-2007, 07:17 AM
Best of luck and can not wait to hear ride report and see pictures.....See you went with the F3 -- It is a nice fork!! :D :D

PETE

ergott
04-13-2007, 07:20 AM

Steve

I look forward to riding with you guys! I rode with BigMan and plan on doing it more often.

93legendti
04-13-2007, 09:07 AM
Steve, what's the slope on your pretty Kirk?

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=17595&highlight=kirk

ergott
04-13-2007, 09:17 AM
Is it me or are things noticeably faster than usual?

SoCalSteve
04-13-2007, 09:56 AM
Hi Steve,
Thanks for doing your part to support Serotta.

I'm curious though. My memory may be failing me but I thought that you sold your previous Ottrott because you were less than satisfied with it. Why did you decide to buy another?

No agenda here. This question is in the spirit of your frames-that-speak-to-you post. Just curious about what folks like and don't like. :)

Mick

I sold my previous Ottrott because it did not fit me. It was purchased second hand and the geometry was off for me....I loved the ride qualities of it and the F3 fork.

It did speak to me and I always wanted a custom one....Now was the time to pull the trigger.

Steve

PS: No agenda taken :banana:

SoCalSteve
04-13-2007, 09:59 AM
I look forward to riding with you guys! I rode with BigMan and plan on doing it more often.

Sherry and I do too! We will be on Long Island (staying with BigMan) on Saturday June 9th and Sunday June 10th.

We look forward to meeting you.

Steve

SoCalSteve
04-13-2007, 10:00 AM
Steve, what's the slope on your pretty Kirk?

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=17595&highlight=kirk

6 degrees

SoCalSteve
04-13-2007, 10:05 AM
Is it me or are things noticeably faster than usual?

I did my part! :D