PDA

View Full Version : OT- Squirrel Problem solved!

C5 Snowboarder
04-12-2007, 11:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ9-T-xVlvU

d_douglas
04-12-2007, 12:02 PM
Hate to bring you down, but that's animal abuse. Stupid.

I find alot of tasteless things funny, but 'squirrel-death' crosses my murky line. On with the show!

C5 Snowboarder
04-12-2007, 12:20 PM
Hate to bring you down, but that's animal abuse. Stupid.

I find alot of tasteless things funny, but 'squirrel-death' crosses my murky line. On with the show!
Sorry -- but as the story goes I hear the same squirrel came back and brought a few friends.. in fact one of them was wearing goggles and had a small parachute on his back! :)

d_douglas
04-12-2007, 03:19 PM
I sound like a grouchy young man - the vid just hurts because I have a serious soft spot for animals.

I just saw a guy yanking his dog by hte collar so hard that it was going to break the dogs neck. I hate that. It was a pitbull - no wonder those dogs are stressed out!

TonyMo
04-12-2007, 03:32 PM
I agree with D Douglas. This guy :butt: has put so much effort into this that he obviously doesn't have a life or he wouldn't be wasting it.

BURCH
04-12-2007, 04:02 PM
It appears to me to be animal cruelty and I find it amazing that someone would be stupid enough to incriminate themselves by posting this on the web. Sorta like the kids with painball guns that tape their escapades of shooting people from cars.
Their are people out there bored enough to look for justice over this video. Look for the headlines on CNN.com soon. These fools on MySpace and Itube never cease to amaze me.

csm
04-12-2007, 06:06 PM
I find it to be kinda funny. I like squirrels though. especially with a nice chianti.

mike p
04-12-2007, 06:14 PM
May be wrong but I can't stop laughing.

Mike

gdw
04-12-2007, 06:43 PM
I was offended by the clip but my dog loved it.

Korn Julio
04-12-2007, 06:54 PM
EUREKA!! Now I get it! :banana:
Unfortunately back in high school the physics teacher tried to explain it to me this way: :confused:

Birddog
04-12-2007, 08:20 PM
A squirrel is a furry rat with a publicist. They are not so cute when they get into your attic.

Birddog

nm87710
04-12-2007, 09:27 PM
+1 Birddog

Rats with furry tales. Amen. They will eat right throught walls, roof, siding, electrical wiring, PVC pipes and anything else they want. Lumping them in with rats is an insult to the rat race!

There's even a forum on how to deal with the little %$#&^%$#. Some stories are hilarious...http://unexco.com/squirrel/squirrel.mv

Ginger
04-12-2007, 09:40 PM
I do think it's a shame that if they killed it they didn't eat it...they're pretty tasty...taste nothing like chicken...be especially good if you don't have to chew carefully to avoid shot. (I see no proof that the squirrel dies...no proof it lived either...)

If they worked that right, they could build a catapult for themselves, they'd just need one of those papasan chair frames and some really good bungie cords.

mike p
04-12-2007, 09:45 PM
Believe me Ginger it'd take a hell of alot more than that to kill or even hurt a squirrel.

Mike

rounder
04-12-2007, 09:52 PM
good flick...does it work with racoons?? just wondering.

slowgoing
04-12-2007, 10:03 PM
Is it animal cruelty to make a flying squirrel fly?

Bobbo
04-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Yeah, spare me the hand-wringing, people. They're tree rats fer cripes sake! What actual harm is being done? I laughed out loud. My wife thinks I'm demented, but I really hate these buggers. If you don't, it's because you haven't had to get rid of one (or many). If you really think that catapult is causing that squirrel harm, you haven't ever had to really kill one. The little suckers are all muscle, have the agility of a gymnast, and are pretty clever. They are also incredibly determined.

I admire the inventiveness of the catapult, but a head shot with a pellet gun is more effective.

Louis
04-12-2007, 11:00 PM
Anyone who gets their kicks doing something totally unnecessary that causes pain /anguish / injury to others, animal or human, who are not participating voluntarily is evil.

Those who see the pain and don't think that it is bad are evil.

Even if it's "just" an animal, they feel pain same as you do. Just because they can't fight back doesn't give you or anybody else license to do ***** like that or enjoy others doing it.

We'll be all be judged by how we treat those who are less fortunate or less powerful than we are. It all adds up in the ol' karma tally sheet...

Louis

C5 Snowboarder
04-13-2007, 01:06 AM
We'll be all be judged by how we treat those who are less fortunate or less powerful than we are. It all adds up in the ol' karma tally sheet...

Louis

Who is doing the judging???
My attorney and I'D like to know in advance.

d_douglas
04-13-2007, 01:37 AM
I live in a concrete apartment, so no, I have not had the pleasure of those critters eating through my roof, but come on, they are cute. (I thought the 'rat with a publicist' comment was funny.

Personally, I think s/he was just grabbing a snack off the deck and someone took it upon themselves to cause GBH if not death.

To use an analogy, if someone left a Serotta frame laying on the top of a recycling bin at the end of their driveway and you stopped to have a look, then got blasted with a BB gun / Paint gun / golf ball / high pressure water hose, you would likely think that was unfair too right?

The guy was just getting lunch, y'know. Cut him some slack.

The only animal I believe we should eradicate are spiders - they creep me out

William
04-13-2007, 06:05 AM
....is that squirrel's brother is looking for payback and he's got a can of whoop-azz that he's itching to open.

http://teacher2.smithtown.k12.ny.us/sgessler/muscle%20squirrel.jpg

William

Dave B
04-13-2007, 06:23 AM
I have a friend who hates these tings. I am not sure why though.

Took her bike to the dealer for help. He said call Specialized they are good at dealing with these types of issues.

Does this count as a JRA accident?

soulspinner
04-13-2007, 06:24 AM
roid rage...

BURCH
04-13-2007, 06:49 AM
I have a friend who hates these tings. I am not sure why though.

Took her bike to the dealer for help. He said call Specialized they are good at dealing with these types of issues.

Does this count as a JRA accident?

I have come close and always wondered if anybody actually caught the squirrel with their wheel. Now I know.

zip
04-13-2007, 06:50 AM
I do not like squirrels, but could never intentionaly harm one.

In my incident with my bike I fared better than the cylcist pictured.

I had the choice of swerving into traffic or taking a chance with the small grey beast. I was fortunate enough to flat spot the critter on its neck.

I did stop to check on the critter... at least it was fast.

labratmatt
04-13-2007, 07:57 AM
Any chance I get to post the attached picture, I'll take.

Birddog
04-13-2007, 09:23 AM
More than you wanted to know. Some of this got by the publicist.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squirrel
A friend of mine is battling the pests for the 2nd time in about 4 years. They set up housekeeping in his attic, chewed wires, raised hell. He trapped them and deported them to the country, all 5 IIRC. They are back, not so cute anymore and a professional has been hired to send them to the executioner. This has probably cost him a couple of grand in damages, pest control, traps, etc. Ask any insurance claims person, and they will tell you that a squirrel is a RAT, cute, but they are RODENTS and they carry most of the same baggage. My neighborhood is becoming infested with them, and something will have to be done soon. Is using D-Con any more humane? Not mentioned in the Wiki article is how many traffic accidents are caused by people swerving to miss suicidal squirrels.

Birddog

Bobbo
04-13-2007, 11:16 AM
More than you wanted to know. Some of this got by the publicist.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squirrel
A friend of mine is battling the pests for the 2nd time in about 4 years. They set up housekeeping in his attic, chewed wires, raised hell. He trapped them and deported them to the country, all 5 IIRC. They are back, not so cute anymore and a professional has been hired to send them to the executioner. This has probably cost him a couple of grand in damages, pest control, traps, etc. Ask any insurance claims person, and they will tell you that a squirrel is a RAT, cute, but they are RODENTS and they carry most of the same baggage. My neighborhood is becoming infested with them, and something will have to be done soon. Is using D-Con any more humane? Not mentioned in the Wiki article is how many traffic accidents are caused by people swerving to miss suicidal squirrels.

Birddog

You can not transport them in a different locale (even 20 miles away). They WILL find their way back. Believe me, I know. How do I know? Flourescent orange paint on the tail - same damn squirrel. These things basically say: "the only way I'm going away is in a pine box". So what choice do you have? Frankly, I'm more than happy to oblige. No issues for the past ten years or so (thank God). Maybe I've gained a rep.

JasonH
04-13-2007, 03:23 PM
Personally, I think s/he was just grabbing a snack off the deck and someone took it upon themselves to cause GBH if not death.

To use an analogy, if someone left a Serotta frame laying on the top of a recycling bin at the end of their driveway and you stopped to have a look, then got blasted with a BB gun / Paint gun / golf ball / high pressure water hose, you would likely think that was unfair too right?

The guy was just getting lunch, y'know. Cut him some slack.

The only animal I believe we should eradicate are spiders - they creep me out
No way that little flip seriously injured him. So yeah, if somebody here posted a video of a biker getting knocked over a few feet (we're not as agile or durable as a squirrel) by a big plastic bin baited with carbon fiber deliciousness I'd probably pee my pants laughing!

And if you want to save one animal, you can't get rid of the spiders either ;) Fair is fair!