saw it. no bikes in it.

shinomaster
06-06-2004, 01:21 AM
my liver hurts just thinking about it..

and I'm sipping tawny porto,

burp

MadRocketSci
06-07-2004, 10:28 AM
I thought it was totally biased against mcdonalds to try to prove a point. duh, if you eat 2500 calories a day more than you use, then you will gain approximately (2500/3600)*30 = 21 lbs and if you make those 5000 total daily calories in double quarter pounders, big macs, supersized fries and large vanilla milkshakes your liver will become human foie gras.

I don't like Mcdonalds much anymore (loved it as a kid). But I don't recall Morgan eating many of their salads, grilled chicken sandwiches, or lowfat yogurt parfaits. He could have easily gone to safeway and bought 25 lbs of ground beef, american cheese, thousand island, ore-ida fries, and ben&jerry's and gotten similar results.

Yes the movie was funny and entertaining, yes americans are too fat, and a lot of that is due to our inability to moderate our food choices, go outside and sweat a little, and educate ourselves (obviously not talking about people around here :)). But this rant is because all the people i know who've seen the movie now believe that Ronald M. was created by the "V" aliens to fatten us all up.

I'm not trying to antagonize anyone. Just wanted to put a different view out there. I think I deserve a supersized vanilla milkshake after my 200k ride yesterday! :beer:

-MadRocketSci