PDA

View Full Version : Saab / Switzerland

AgilisMerlin
04-10-2007, 07:57 PM
been cold as hell here in the mid atlantic.

tomorrow starts 3 days of pissing rain and 50 degrees :no:
we need it.

how is it in the land of Mtns. Choc. and Watches ?

how was the security at the airport ?

weather good for riding ?

saab2000
04-11-2007, 02:10 PM
The weather has been delicious. Seriously. 22-23 degrees C. Sunny. It is really about as good as it gets. Visibility has been good, but not enough to see the high mountains from where I am.

The chocolate has been largely unexplored, but I may try to bribe a Serotta employee with some when I get back. I did eat a chocolate Easter Bunny yesterday! :beer:

As far as the watches, I had my Breitling serviced today. Including a new battery, new band and buckle and an exterior cleaning for 180 Swiss Franks. This is FAAR less than I would have paid for the same thing from a Breitling dealer in the US. I went to Les Ambassadeurs at Bahnhofstrasse 64 in Zurich for this. I also saw an Aston Martin and a Rolls, but they weren't mine. My watch and my Serotta are among the few items I own that are really outside my budget. And my watch was purchased by the former Mrs. Saab2000, with whom I am still good friends and whom I visited today for a couple hours. 'Twas a bit odd, but not too bad. I am flexible. I would like to see some interest from her for some of the old times....... :D

Anyway, I am having a good time, drinking lots of beer (Swiss and German) and speaking lots of the local dialect and talking with friends and family.

Yesterday I had a very constructive talk with a couple of wise men. They are both extremely experienced pilots who fly long-haul and had good points. All well taken. I may or may not take what they offer me (probably not) but at the very least I am peace with it.

Bottom line? I wish I had had my road bike here!!!!! Biking is LOTS better than flying and the weather is been super duper. I coulda ridden hundreds of KM.

AgilisMerlin
04-11-2007, 09:56 PM
sounds good.

enjoy the scenery.

the weather from mid atlantic - east .............. is in the shyts through the weekend.