PDA

View Full Version : Where did my coach go?

Dude
04-08-2007, 08:31 PM
Well, my coach left me this year. He got a job with USA Cycling and the bastard left me high and dry. The nerve.

So, i know its a little on the late side but I need a coach for the season. I'm in the philly area. Mainly road races, crits, the occassional TT and i'd like to do a couple MTB races as well.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!!

Chris
04-08-2007, 09:48 PM
Call Adam Myerson at Cycle-Smart. Great guy. Definitely no cookie cutter packages. www.cycle-smart.com

jbrainin
04-09-2007, 06:28 AM
Or try Vassili Davidenko at http://davidenkocoaching.com/

Ti Designs
04-09-2007, 08:18 AM
Hi, I'm 42 years old with size 10 feet, what size bike do I need???

Some people would try to answer that, but the truth is there's no good way to answer it 'cept to say there's not enough info.

Same thing goes for your question - and yet... Let's start with the basics, what's your level of experience? Have you raced? What catagory are you? Strengths? weaknesses? areas you would like to focus? Do you need work on basic skills or do you just need a program laid out? Are you looking for a hands-on coach or will e-mail do? How much are you willing to spend and what do you expect from your coach?

grey poupon
04-09-2007, 08:27 AM

Dude
04-09-2007, 07:24 PM
@ Ti Designs -
I know exactly what you are talking about. I didn't want to spill my guts to the board when those details, to most of the readers out there, are inconsequential. I was simply looking for some coaches out there. With that in hand, I could research the good ones.

The reason why I need a new coach is because my current one sucks. He may be a fine "coach" but he sucks as a person, i don't like working with him.

I would gladly PM you all of that info if you know a good coach. I'd prefer them to be in the philly area, but email would be fine. Maybe a phone call every couple weeks or so. Thats all the lovin I need.

Thanks.

mikki
04-09-2007, 07:44 PM
How did it go finding a coach?

I just found what seems to be a very knowledgeable one through USA Cycling website. Close to my home and everything...