PDA

View Full Version : I guess it had to happen eventually...

zank
04-07-2007, 11:22 PM
The training has been going great, the numbers on Tuesday were my highest so far this season during my hill intervals, I felt great yesterday. I guess it figures that the first day of the year that I feel like absolute garbage on the bike coincides with the first series race.

But the good Lord did shine down on me. I broke my chain on a steepish climb, putting an end to the nonsense. :banana:

The big question is, do I ride for four hours as I am supposed to tomorrow morning before heading off to the folks house to eat ham? Or do I park my butt in front of the computer and watch one of the greatest races of the season? Fstrthnu, if you are reading, I swear I went riding.

shinomaster
04-07-2007, 11:26 PM
You should eat ham, watch tv, and then ride.

coylifut
04-07-2007, 11:42 PM
if you feel you are slowing down, a 4 hour ride won't help. In fact, to reach a higher level, you need a little rest. A nice day spent with the family chasing away all thoughts of the bike is just what the DR ordered. Take two days completely off the bike, followed by two days of no more than a 1/2 hour easy spining on flat ground. The more guilty you feel about it, the better off you are. After that, go out for a solid 2 hour ride and then resume your program. Your top end will be slightly off, but then 3 days later you'll be a monster.

Climb01742
04-08-2007, 05:46 AM
if you feel you are slowing down, a 4 hour ride won't help. In fact, to reach a higher level, you need a little rest. A nice day spent with the family chasing away all thoughts of the bike is just what the DR ordered. Take two days completely off the bike, followed by two days of no more than a 1/2 hour easy spining on flat ground. The more guilty you feel about it, the better off you are. After that, go out for a solid 2 hour ride and then resume your program. Your top end will be slightly off, but then 3 days later you'll be a monster.

+1
i'm no expert, but based on my limited experience, rest sounds like the ticket.