PDA

View Full Version : I love my BioMax bars

Smiley
04-07-2007, 03:26 PM
So I just figured what the heck. I just swapped my expensive Deda 215 bars on my Uniscasi with my BioMax bars on my Kogswell fixee since to be truthful with you all I really LUV the shape of my BioMax's best. The exact spot that I love is the tight radius where the bends go to the brifters and that's a sweeeet spot where my wrist rest very comfortably. I find the Deda's with the longer radius bends to be lacking support. Anyway maybe you get my drift and maybe you don't . Anyway please show some LUV for the short radius bend bars :banana:

Climb01742
04-07-2007, 04:11 PM
So I just figured what the heck. I just swapped my expensive Deda 215 bars on my Uniscasi with my BioMax bars on my Kogswell fixee since to be truthful with you all I really LUV the shape of my BioMax's best. The exact spot that I love is the tight radius where the bends go to the brifters and that's a sweeeet spot where my wrist rest very comfortably. I find the Deda's with the longer radius bends to be lacking support. Anyway maybe you get my drift and maybe you don't . Anyway please show some LUV for the short radius bend bars :banana:

smiley, would you post a photo of the bars, in particular -- if you could -- seen from the side? i'm trying to find bars to get a flat ramp to DA10 hoods. thanks!

bostondrunk
04-07-2007, 04:13 PM
smiley, would you post a photo of the bars, in particular -- if you could -- seen from the side? i'm trying to find bars to get a flat ramp to DA10 hoods. thanks!

Climb,
The Deda Supernaturals do a very good job of this.

Climb01742
04-07-2007, 04:19 PM
BD, they sure do but the downside of the supernaturals is the very short flats. the ramp is awesome but the flat just isn't long enuf for my mitts. i'm singing the shimano flat ramp blues! i love EC90 equipes but i can't quite get the ramp flat enough. i'm even (horrors of horrors) thinking of dusting off my campy grouppo! :eek:

bostondrunk
04-07-2007, 04:22 PM
dusting off my campy grouppo! :eek:

I'm currently doing the same thing myself...

michael white
04-07-2007, 04:37 PM
I have the biomax bars on a bike. I have much more expensive bars that I haven't even tried, because the biomax bends work so well. I have the earlier style, without the flare in the drops. Really a nice shape.

92degrees
04-07-2007, 04:43 PM
I run them on my road and cx bike. I like 'em. I'd like to try the new FSA short reach and drop bars. Don't have the coin right now.

93legendti
04-07-2007, 04:58 PM
I run them on my road and cx bike. I like 'em. I'd like to try the new FSA short reach and drop bars. Don't have the coin right now.

If you're talking about the FSA Wing Compacts, I put a set on my Fierte Ti and so far I REALLY like them. I ordered another set (pair?) for my Strong. The advertised reach is 78, but where I put the brifters to achieve a flat ramp, the reach seems MUCH shorter than that of the Biomax. I guess I need to dig out the digital camera and post some pics...

Smiley
04-07-2007, 05:22 PM

Flat enought for you Sir Climb , I could have mounted them higher on the bends too but I may tilt them once I ride them. Note they bend also towards the rider and that's where my wrists like to lay .

92degrees
04-07-2007, 05:23 PM
Not the wing. They have a new K-force and SLK Compact. Not sure what the diff is.

http://www.fullspeedahead.com/fly.aspx?layout=product&taxid=41&pid=788

rnhood
04-07-2007, 05:27 PM
Biomax on my Calfee too. Great bar that's easy on hand movements and position. I have been looking to change bars but, it seems like I continue to like this one the best.

Climb01742
04-07-2007, 06:49 PM
thanks, smiley! the ramp looks good. do you find the flat part of the drop long enough to give you a comfortable grip?

the compact FSAs and the ritchey evolutions look like possible options too.

Smiley
04-07-2007, 07:36 PM
thanks, smiley! the ramp looks good. do you find the flat part of the drop long enough to give you a comfortable grip?

the compact FSAs and the ritchey evolutions look like possible options too.
Yes especially with my SRAM and Ultegra 10 hoods , not as much with the old 9 speed hoods.

93legendti
04-07-2007, 09:45 PM
FWIW, here's a few pics of the FSA Wing Compact which is right up there with the Biomax as my favorite bar. Looking at the photos, I may need to rotate the bars down a bit:

93legendti
04-07-2007, 09:45 PM
Dooh, double post. Sorry guys.

Climb01742
04-08-2007, 05:34 AM
looking at the fsa site, there are 3 compact bars, two carbon, one alu. beyond that, it's hard to figure out how they differ. anyone have any clues? does the "wing" have a flat-ish bar top?

93legendti
04-08-2007, 07:40 AM
looking at the fsa site, there are 3 compact bars, two carbon, one alu. beyond that, it's hard to figure out how they differ. anyone have any clues? does the "wing" have a flat-ish bar top?

http://www.fullspeedahead.com/fly.aspx?layout=product&taxid=41&pid=793

Climbo, it is flat. Flatter than the picture seems to show. Wrapped with Bontrager Gel tape, the top measures ~ 1..5".

92degrees
04-08-2007, 07:45 AM
That's cool. Last I checked they didn't seem to offer an aluminum version.

93legendti
04-08-2007, 08:12 AM
That's cool. Last I checked they didn't seem to offer an aluminum version.
~$60.