PDA

View Full Version : And Now for something completely Different...

TimB
06-04-2004, 09:22 AM
Churchmen Upset Over Nude Cyclists
Thu Jun 3, 2004 11:02 AM ET

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - A planned nudist bicycle tour in the Netherland's so called bible-belt has upset local churchmen who are holding their own youth charity bike ride the same day.

They have tried in vain to get local authorities to ban the nudists to stop them clashing with the youth chapter of the Reformed Church when they both take to the road in the eastern town of Apeldoorn on June 12.

The nudist tour is part of the World Naked Bike Ride which also takes place in London, Chicago, Los Angeles, Montreal, Toronto and Pforzheim in Germany.

The organizer of the church bike tour told the ANP news agency Thursday he had tried to coordinate the routes with the nudist tour to avoid any embarrassing meeting but had obtained no reply.

He is now asking the 300 or so cyclists on his youth tour to call the police if they see any nudists.

"Nudity in public is provocative and illegal," he said.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyID=5336236

Andreu
06-04-2004, 09:25 AM
nudity on a bike is potentially painful.
A

William
06-04-2004, 09:29 AM
Speaking of nude cycling. At the end of the P.I.R. (Portland International Raceway) racing series, their is a nude lap at the end of the last race of the season (optional of coarse). It's pretty funning to watch...though I never joined in...to modest (or is that em-bare-assed :rolleyes: ).

Any one else experience a similar tradition?

William (currently fully clothed :) )

coylifut
06-04-2004, 10:00 AM
Sacha White, the purveyor of Vanilla Cycles started the Johnson Farm Cross in noting but furry pink underwear. Oh that’s right, he had full finger gloves on too, it was snowing that day. As he went by the finish line on the last lap, all I saw was helmet, butt-crack and shoes. Sacha is handy with a single speed cross rig with or without clothes.

Kevan
06-04-2004, 10:36 AM
he's been too quiet here.

Talk about painful! :p

BumbleBeeDave
06-04-2004, 10:40 AM
Thu Jun 3, 2004 11:02 AM ET

SARATOGA SPRINGS, NY (AP) - A planned nudist bicycle owner's event in upstate New York's so called bible-belt has upset local churchmen who are holding their own youth charity bike ride the same day.

They have tried in vain to get local authorities to ban the nudists at the Serotta Competition Bicycles annual Owner's Weekend to stop them clashing with the youth chapter of the Saratoga Reformed Church when they both take to the road in the upstate town of Saratoga Springs on June 12.

The nudist tour is part of the Serotta World Naked Bike Ride which also takes place in Cheekville, IL, Buttsville, WY, and Moonville, GA., and DerteeKraak, The Netherlands.

The organizer of the church bike tour told the AP news agency Thursday he had tried to coordinate the routes with the nudist tour to avoid any embarrassing meeting but had obtained no reply.

He is now asking the 300 or so cyclists on his youth tour to call the police if they see any nudists on Serottas.

"Nudity in public on a Serotta is provocative and illegal," said Serotta Owner's Club Sergeant-At-Cheeks Sandy "Steel" Serotta when contacted for comment. "But that's the whole reason we're doing it!" :eek:

Kevan
06-04-2004, 11:27 AM
just don't get your bit and pieces caught in the chain. :D

Sandy
06-04-2004, 12:13 PM
From what I recall, you can put your bit and pieces in one link of your chain and there will still be plenty of room.

So Small So Serotta Sandy

Kevan
06-04-2004, 12:54 PM
you know us Calfee-ites, we'll save weight wherever we can, even if it hurts!

Course, the problem is we're in danger of breeding ourselves out of existence. :D

J.M. White
06-04-2004, 03:04 PM
I hope none of those nekkid cyclists are trying to break in a new Brooks saddle.

davids
06-04-2004, 04:28 PM
What struck me in the article was the reference to "the World Naked Bike Ride". I thought it might be a joke... Well, they've got a website, and lots of links to other like-minded organizations: http://www.worldnakedbikeride.org/. Careful viewing this at work!