PDA

View Full Version : 25th anniversary CSi

CSIRider
04-07-2007, 06:36 AM
A Csi F/F I ordered off e-bay arrived last week and I had my local LBS build it with components off my old CSi frame.

Yesterday I took it for a spin and noticed a decal on the tubing just above the BB that read "25th anniversary 1972 - 1997." The frame is drop dead gorgeous, but I'm curious if anyone knows anything about the anniversary part of it. I realize I could call Serotta but I'm reluctant to bother them during the busy season.

Also, when I was applying Framesaver, I noticed the tubing was generally pretty clean, but there seemed to be some light surface rust inside the tubes just above the BB. The tech at the shop said he thought it was minor, fairly common, and not to be worried. Any thoughts?

Smiley
04-07-2007, 07:03 AM
Every five years Serotta builds a limited edition run of a frame they deem represents what they are doing at the time. You got a special frame not too unique but special in a custom feature be it a lug set or paint job. Go on the image gallery and search for the 30 th anniversary frame and look at Spokes bike for that run. Serotta will build a 40 th anniversary frame some day down the road.

mike p
04-07-2007, 08:01 AM
Let's see pic's dammit.

Mike

regularguy412
04-07-2007, 09:52 AM
It's just not with me right now. Recently sent back to Serotta for two new split stops to be brazed onto the top tube -- and a full repaint. It has the 1972 - 1997 decal above the BB. I FrameSavered mine only once when I built it in 1997. Serotta evidently found no rust issues inside the tubes. Only real problem was the F1 fork had developed a loose dropout. Will be getting an Ouzo Pro full carbon fork as a replacement. Hopefully, they'll be able to put the 25th Anniversay decal back on after paint. Seems those are in rare supply now that it's 10 years later. I'll post pix when it returns. Should be any day now -- since it's been eight weeks.

Mike in AR