PDA

View Full Version : FS - 62 cm Atala project bike - frame/fork/stem/handlebar/post/saddle/BB

gabbard
04-04-2007, 06:57 PM
I have an old Atala frame and fork that I originally got with the idea of building a fixed gear, but money and time have run out. It is a steel frame and fork, with polished chrome lugs and dropouts. The frame has horizontal dropouts, with a derailleur hanger. The parts are as follows:

Atala frame and fork, 62 cm seat tube (c-c), 58.5 cm top tube (c-c), 1" threaded fork, some rust on steerer
3ttt stem and handlebar
Sakae seatpost, some scrapes
Selle Italia turbo seat, scuffs on one side
F/R center pull brakes, broken arm on front brake
Phil Wood square taper BB, spindle is seized

This bike is definitely NOT in collector's condition, but with all of the old parts in your garage, you are set up for a fixed gear.

Please note the comments above. The bottom bracket is a Phil Wood, the spindle looks to be in fine shape, but the bearings are not moving. I didn't try to work on it, but for about $40, I believe that Phil Wood will still replace the bearings in their bottom brackets.

I'd like to get $75 (plus shipping) for this menagerie, but I am totally open to offers and trades. If this is outlandishly too high (or low), let me know. Items I might be looking for in partial trade are things like:

Chris King ISO disc front hub, black
On-One Inbred 29er SS frame/fork
Race Face Deus XC crankset

If you have other stuff sitting around that you are trying to get rid of, make me an offer.

I am located in Boulder, Colorado, so if you are nearby and want to look at it, feel free to come by. I will box the frame myself, and shipping will be determined by your location.

If you want more pictures or have additional questions, PM me here and I will get back to you.

Steve

gabbard
04-11-2007, 04:15 PM
Price reduced to something more reasonable. Make me an offer.

Steve