PDA

View Full Version : When Southern Californias Get Tired Of Riding Southern California

mikki
04-03-2007, 01:44 PM
Hey all,

Just a brief note to show you what us southern california's do when we get tired of the cars, the snotty cyclists and riding the same routes over and over...

About 55 of us from my club met in Beulton-Solvang and rode amongst the vineyards/horse estates and mountains. Gorgeous and so many local cyclists to visit with in addition to our own great crew!!

One good thing about living here is the ability to ride all year...

I include some pics of the weekend...great riding, great wine, great food & wonderful fellowship!! :banana:

PS: Took my first real fall but am now duly initiated into the "Road Rash" club.

chuckred
04-03-2007, 01:51 PM
Beautiful country...

mikki
04-03-2007, 02:26 PM
Hi there Chuckred,

Yes, it was such a refreshing trip. Being raised with all girls in my household (my brother married when I was really young), it is really fun to hang with cycling guys as well as gals. They are a hoot and challenge me to improve.

Hit the ground for the first time, though and ruined my clothes in the process, but no real damage except for some soreness and road rash on my shoulder, hip and knee. (good thing I take extra calcium!!!)

Where do you go to ride in different surroundings?

Ken Robb
04-03-2007, 02:34 PM
Poor Mikki--she starts hanging with guys, catches testosterone poisoning, goes too fast and has her first crash. It ain't easy being double X!

Kevan
04-03-2007, 02:50 PM
ride in those conditions.

Lanternrouge
04-03-2007, 03:06 PM
ride in those conditions.

If it will make you feel any better, we could post pictures of Southern California traffic and gas prices :D

petitelilpettit
04-04-2007, 10:35 AM
If it will make you feel any better, we could post pictures of Southern California traffic and gas prices :D

+1

Pettit

Jeff N.
04-05-2007, 08:20 AM
Hey all,

Just a brief note to show you what us southern california's do when we get tired of the cars, the snotty cyclists and riding the same routes over and over...

About 55 of us from my club met in Beulton-Solvang and rode amongst the vineyards/horse estates and mountains. Gorgeous and so many local cyclists to visit with in addition to our own great crew!!

One good thing about living here is the ability to ride all year...

I include some pics of the weekend...great riding, great wine, great food & wonderful fellowship!! :banana:

PS: Took my first real fall but am now duly initiated into the "Road Rash" club.Those pics are why I NEVER miss the Solvang Century. Jeff N.

christian
04-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Southern California wants to be western New York.