PDA

View Full Version : jan - wow

gt6267a
04-03-2007, 12:14 PM
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/apr07/apr04news

swoop
04-03-2007, 12:25 PM
um.. why the wow? you can't follow cycling and not understand that this is the game. its the denial of it and the public versus the private versions in all pro sports that give me the 'wows'.

they'll crucify der jan like he is the issue... and nothing will have changed.

coylifut
04-03-2007, 01:31 PM
that Fuentes. What a character. On top of all the other stuff he did, he sole a bags worth of Jan's blood.

gt6267a
04-03-2007, 01:32 PM
It’s a semi-sarcastic wow that something might come from OP. It is not a wow I can’t believe there is doping or a wow I can’t believe it is Jan. The non sarcastic side of this is that if they have Jan, what about Basso and others dismissed from the 2006 tour. Given that Basso has the clause in his contract that he must give up DNA, I wonder if he might have to now. Then, what of his 2006 Giro victory? What of his contract with Discovery and Discovery’s ability to find a new sponsor.

I do wonder, if enough of the big guys are fried, when do sponsors care, so when do teams care?

yeehawfactor
04-03-2007, 01:42 PM
It’s a semi-sarcastic wow that something might come from OP. It is not a wow I can’t believe there is doping or a wow I can’t believe it is Jan. The non sarcastic side of this is that if they have Jan, what about Basso and others dismissed from the 2006 tour. Given that Basso has the clause in his contract that he must give up DNA, I wonder if he might have to now. Then, what of his 2006 Giro victory? What of his contract with Discovery and Discovery’s ability to find a new sponsor.

I do wonder, if enough of the big guys are fried, when do sponsors care, so when do teams care?
huh, hadn't thought about implications for basso. this could throw a new wrench in the works for the rider from varese.

jeffg
04-03-2007, 01:58 PM
between the criminal proceeding (dismissed for now) and the finding (if substantiated) that Fuentes indeed had blood from top riders. It has taken how long to get this information? How would it be if it were shown the blood was not Jan's? TdF 2006 would have more asterisks ... The delay and the impact on the sport and individual's lives is criminal in itself, methinks

And yes, I wonder what Basso's dog thinks of this now that the son of Rudy is set to be skewered? Will RCS/ASO/Unipublic ban all the suspected riders until they can prove the blood seized is not theirs?

It might be Contador/Leipheimer at Tdf for Discovery ...

weiwentg
04-03-2007, 07:13 PM
Cyclingnews reports that the German newspaper Sid has reported that Jan's DNA matches blood found with Fuentes. How do we get from there to Ivan Basso being guilty? Are Basso and Jan chimeric twins?

AgilisMerlin
04-03-2007, 07:20 PM
Who owns/carries basso's dna sample ?

italian fed./uci/wada/coni/his dog barillo ?

Elefantino
04-03-2007, 08:13 PM
Who owns/carries basso's dna sample ?

italian fed./uci/wada/coni/his dog barillo ?

Obviously, his sister.

pdxmech13
04-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Leave it to the germans, they'll likely have em poor and burned.

Louis
04-03-2007, 09:14 PM
Obviously, his sister.

I heard the rumor around NAHMBS is that actually she was carrying Archibald's child...

Fivethumbs
04-03-2007, 10:55 PM
But is Jan the father of Dannie Lynn? THAT'S what I want to know.

yeehawfactor
04-03-2007, 11:09 PM
after careful thought, i'm more interested in riis' hematocrit of 64 than the rostock riders' bagged tissue

soulspinner
04-04-2007, 07:17 AM
at 64 you can die in your sleep. No wonder Riis lost his hair.

yeehawfactor
04-04-2007, 08:00 AM
at 64 you can die in your sleep. No wonder Riis lost his hair.
maybe that's why i lost my hair. someone must be doping me while i sleep....