PDA

View Full Version : New CDA: First Peek

Steelhead
04-02-2007, 07:25 PM
My man Skot emailed me today from the Bicycle Sport Shop at 3:50 pm that my new frame had just arrived.....I was out the door and committed to the pre-5:00 traffic and on my way down there by 4:00!! :D This will be built and ready to roll in the next few days and I'll have much more to post as we go along - but here is the first photo! :banana:

Jack Brunk
04-02-2007, 08:03 PM
Great looking frame. My new frame came today too! Congrats on a great looking frame.

saab2000
04-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Very nice indeed! Close to what I think about sometimes - getting rid of a couple of my bikes and consolidating them into a new Serotta CdA.

Is that level top tube? And the color, is it Candy Apple Red? How about the fork? Hard to go wrong on a steel Serotta! How are you going to build it up?

I like it very much!

Steelhead
04-02-2007, 09:12 PM
The frame has a very slight slope to the top tube, about 1.5 deg. so for all intents a level TT. ** Check out how the down tube is drawn to be smaller diameter at the HT and larger at the BB cluster.** WOW - you can kinda tell in the photo even. The seatstay is painted carbon and the fork an Ouzo Pro painted to match the Candy Apple Red. The seat tube has Frost White Logo "S" on either side (outside) and the fork has the same White logo S on the top around the crown on either side. The head tube has the Logo S painted on in Frost White as well. No other logos. I'm really excited. Build will be all DA 10 with Thompson Seatpost, Ritchey WCS stem/bar, FSA SL-K cranks, Deda White bar tape, and I'm waiting for a white Flite saddle to become available. Will be running a black Flite for now, and carbon Keos.

I can't decide on the bottle cages: Stainless steel Blackburns or Composite (plastic) white Bontragers. With the smallish tubes I think I am leaning toward the slight Blackburn cages, though the white Bontragers are nice too.

I'm really excited about the wheels, handbuilt DT Swiss 1.1 rims on Dura Ace hubs, 32/28 with silver butted spokes and silver alloy nipps. This is the bike I have been waiting to build for about 17 years now - so I'm pretty excited. Its a wierd feeling - kinda nervous in a way, and amped up like way too much good coffee.!

I'll have more photos as I go along - just had to get that one up there and I'd love some early feedback.

I also can't express all my gratitude to Skot, Alexis, Hill, et al at The Bicycle Sport Shop in Austin - they've help make my dream bike a reality. THANKS. :)

Steelhead
04-02-2007, 09:26 PM
P.S Very big thanks to Andrew from Serotta for working with me at the recent Pro Night at Bicycle Sport Shop, and Ben - I didn't get the opportunity to meet you that night but thank you as well. I hope to get up to NY one day for your open house.

steelrider
04-02-2007, 10:05 PM
Very good looking frame--in spite of the Stanfurd colors!

Smiley
04-02-2007, 10:22 PM
Alexis ....she is da bomb baby :banana:

Steelhead
04-02-2007, 10:25 PM
Very good looking frame--in spite of the Stanfurd colors!

Around here I'll have to watch out for those that think this is an OU Sooners theme!

BumpyintheBurgh
04-02-2007, 10:32 PM
Love that white/red combo with the white bar tape and white saddle. It will look great. Just the right amout of Serotta logos. A classic look. You have a winner.
I just built up a red & white panel Waterford, matching red steel fork, with all silver components including Campy crank, Ritchey stem & Biomax bars, silver & red Arione saddle and Velocity rims with red & white tires. Nothing black, not that there's anything wrong with that, but I don't find black carbon frames, forks, overbuilt black stems & bars and black carbon cranks to be that attractive. I have a Calfee Tetra Pro, a great bike, with all black carbon components, black rims & tires but it pales in comparison when I stand it next to the Waterford. In appearance, the Calfee is just another black carbon bike compared to the classic look of the Waterford.

dash
04-02-2007, 10:54 PM
quite fine and classy too, congrats!

Keith A
04-03-2007, 07:34 AM
Very nicely done -- congrats!

Spinner
04-03-2007, 07:40 AM
what a slick new sled, gotta love that red.

the ONLY bottlecages that will work are the nitto "type r" beauties.

[URL=http://www.rivbike.com/webalog/waterbottles_cages/20030.html]

headman, buy them, mount them, and if you don't love them, i'll take them off your hands.

you will stare at these works of art.

sc53
04-03-2007, 09:21 AM
That is the cleanest, neatest, best-organized bike shop I have ever seen. Even the customers look neat and clean. Way to go Austin Bicycle Sport Shop! Oh--and nice frame too! Classy look, can't wait to see it built up.

TriJim
04-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Around here I'll have to watch out for those that think this is an OU Sooners theme!
In Austin, I'd think more folks will confuse CA Red with maroon!

Looks great - Enjoy! :beer:

Steelhead
04-03-2007, 12:35 PM
Nope - I wouldn't have chosen that color if it resembled anything from the Texas Ag School. :D

trophyoftexas
04-03-2007, 01:05 PM
...or something like that for sure! Got 'em on my CA Legend Ti and they are perfect! Nice frame....consider a trip out to Fredericksburg to have Joe Young build those wheels for you, that's about his favorite combination! When I mentioned crossing 80 cattle guards on a recent 63 mile ride down there he said that these would be perfect for the rough stuff and still fast....at least fast enough for me!

Yeah, the people at BSS know their BS for sure! I got "within the hour" service down there last month on a compact crank and bb install, THAT'S service with a capital S!

Steelhead
04-03-2007, 02:10 PM
Is Joe Young at Hill Country Cycleworks? I've already got a guy on the wheels but I'm always looking for another contact. Love riding in the F-Burg area! What about the Real Ale Ride thats coming up?? A perfect debut for my new ride!

http://www.realaleride.com !! See you there. :banana:

old_school
04-03-2007, 02:20 PM
nice, really nice ... love the old school panel look, congrats