PDA

View Full Version : F3 VS Ouzo Pro ???

SoCalSteve
04-02-2007, 01:25 PM
Hi all,

Not sure if this has been discussed recently (or at all) but I am in the process of ordering an Ottrott ST and need to figure out what fork I want to use with it...

I already have a brand new Ouzo Pro with a 4.3 rake and a 350mm steerer tube that I am sure would work very well. I know that it is stiff enough and comfy enough as I use this fork on many other bikes and am very happy with it.

Is there any reason why I should use a Serotta F3 instead? Besides the Ti dropous is there any real difference between the two?

I have ridden on the F3 on my (now departed) Ottrott and it was a great fork, but, because the geometry was a bit wacked (for me) on the frame, I never could really tell about the fork or not.

As always, thank you so much in advance for all your knowledge and opinions,

Steve

92degrees
04-02-2007, 01:37 PM
An expert on these things I am not. That said, when I got my Ottrott a few years ago the factory was just introducing the F3 and that's what I ordered. They had some delays so my frame arrived with an Ouzo Pro. I rode it like that for 2 months and then the F3 arrived. You can say it's all in my head, but I thought the handling of the bike improved with the F3.

CNY rider
04-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Hi all,

Not sure if this has been discussed recently (or at all) but I am in the process of ordering an Ottrott ST and need to figure out what fork I want to use with it...

I already have a brand new Ouzo Pro with a 4.3 rake and a 350mm steerer tube that I am sure would work very well. I know that it is stiff enough and comfy enough as I use this fork on many other bikes and am very happy with it.

Is there any reason why I should use a Serotta F3 instead? Besides the Ti dropous is there any real difference between the two?

I have ridden on the F3 on my (now departed) Ottrott and it was a great fork, but, because the geometry was a bit wacked (for me) on the frame, I never could really tell about the fork or not.

As always, thank you so much in advance for all your knowledge and opinions,

Steve

Since I'm not paying, I can be a wild spender, and I would say get the F3. You're already spending a fortune on a premium bicycle; it (and you ) deserve to have it wearing the fork Serotta thinks makes it best.