PDA

View Full Version : IF NAHBS show bikes

slinkywizard
04-01-2007, 08:32 PM
For those of you that didn`t make it over to San Hose for the NAHBS (including myself) and are around Boston: Belmont Wheelworks has two of IF`s showbikes (the white tack bike and the XS with ti-nitrided lugs) on display! Even better was that when I was over there this afternoon during my regular loop, I got a chance to chat with Joe Ingram (their CFO) about their bikes etc. and got invited to have a look at their factory in Somerville! They also had a very nice Mooney randonneur on display which I think was also at the NAHBS. I also spotted a nice orange Zanconato, the first one I`ve seen on the road!

DarrenCT
04-01-2007, 08:56 PM
very cool. that xs is pretty slick. i have a couple crown jewels and a planet cross. big fan of i.f.

davids
04-02-2007, 11:08 AM
I can look through my collection of IF catalogs and think, "Yep. That one was at WW. That one I saw at International. I saw that one in a small shop in Northampton. And that one in the funky little shop in Providence..."

I've seen a number at WW over the last several years, including the tan & brown Independence with the painted-in leaves and the sickly green 29er with the pink King hubs and headset. International had one of their ten anniversary frames for a while. I always get a bit of a thrill when I encounter one...