PDA

View Full Version : if you've ever bought a car...

Climb01742
04-01-2007, 12:46 PM
you may enjoy something we just created for a client of ours. you may also find some useful info here too:

http://www.dontgettaken.com/index.html

a few months ago, these two brothers came to us. they're the third generation of their family to own car dealerships in boston. boston has some pretty sleazy car dealers. these brothers said to us, "even our friends hate car dealers." they asked us to help them sell cars differently, honestly.

i asked them, are you serious? how far are you willing to go to be different and honest?

they have small budgets compared to the big sleazeballs in town, so we're going a different route. take a look. watch the videos. dress the naked saleman. i hope you laugh. and maybe you can use the info the next time you shop for a car. hope it helps you.

it'll be interesting to see if you really can sell cars honestly. hope you enjoy.

Chad Engle
04-01-2007, 01:30 PM
That was great. Well done.

stevep
04-01-2007, 03:18 PM
it sounds good from here.
i bet this will work for them, theres so much shady dealing out there.
on the opening page insert chage is spelled wrong. better fix it.
add $10 for proofreading.

IXXI
04-01-2007, 06:00 PM
Climb, thanks for pointing us to this.

As a fellow ad geek, we are always looking for ways for our clients' brands to be more honest/transparent/alligned with Who They Really Are-- and one of the key ways consumers experience a brand's differentiation these days is online. This is a great example, from the url all the way thru. Nicely done. Would be interested to hear the backend measurements on this one. (I know, I said backend measurements.)

I'd like to include this as an example for a brand re-deployment I have with a client this Wednesday. Your timing couldnt have been better. :beer:

dave thompson
04-01-2007, 06:15 PM
Sorta cute, in a way. Unfortunately I think it will get lost in the rest of the car dealer hype one sees everyday, which, if your clients are truly 'good guys', will be too bad.

I have some pretty strong feelings about car dealers and I keep my hype-O-meter on if, and when, I deal with them. Sort of like flying on an airline, they certainly aren't your best friend.

tch
04-02-2007, 01:22 PM
...you're an advertising/marketing guy and you're trying to sell by being honest, open, upfront, and fair?
Are you on crack?

The guys in the industry are gonna send you a little present -- and I don't wanna be around when you open it up.

Best,
tch