PDA

View Full Version : Deda Tires

jhcakilmer
04-01-2007, 09:05 AM
Anyone have experience with the Deda Clinchers, they look nice, but haven't heard any ride reports, or long term reviews....any thoughts? Thanks

palincss
04-01-2007, 11:41 AM
Anyone have experience with the Deda Clinchers, they look nice, but haven't heard any ride reports, or long term reviews....any thoughts? Thanks

One of their models (now discontinued, I'm told) had the lowest rolling resistance of any tire tested in the Bicycle Quarterly tests.

It was said to have very low puncture resistance, and the tread came undone and had to be reglued. It was a very old-fashioned tire: cotton plies, laid up like a Clement tubular of the 1970s. It was interesting that a tire that was as old-fashioned as that outperformed every modern high-tech tire, and by a good margin.

I just checked their web site, and it looks as though none of the current offerings is made anything like that one.

SadieKate
04-01-2007, 11:44 AM
The Deda Tre Giro d'Italia was covered pretty thoroughly in "Bicycle Quarterly (http://www.vintagebicyclepress.com/vbqindex.html)", Vol 5, No. 1, with their test of tire performance. Deda came out on top for a number of things.

This is an excellent article and worth the cost of the issue.

Grant McLean
04-01-2007, 11:58 AM
I've been riding the Deda Corsa RS for a few months.
They look and feel identical to the Veloflex Pave,
they measure 22mm wide. The Deda's were not as
tight mounting on the rim. Excellent tires.

I have the Olympico tubulars on a couple of track bikes,
which also look identical to the Veloflex Criterium tubular,
and have always assumed that Veloflex actually manufactures
the higher-end Deda models for them under contract.

There are some Gommitalia tires that look just like
veloflex as well, I don't really have any inside information
but assume that many of these handmade italian manufactured
tires must come from the same factory.

The "Giro D'Italia" model is discontinued.

http://dedatre.com/rsc_en.php

g