PDA

View Full Version : Specialty Racing Products ??

Walter
04-01-2007, 08:48 AM
Is Specialty Racing Products (SRP), which used to make neat lightweight fasteners, still around? Their site is down and emails to them bounce....

Walter

stevep
04-01-2007, 03:14 PM
fedderson is kaput for some time now.

Lewis495
06-27-2011, 12:09 AM
Is Specialty Racing Products (SRP), which used to make neat lightweight fasteners, still around? Their site is down and emails to them bounce....

Walter

I know this is an ancient thread, but I wanted to let folks know even though you can place and pay for an order on their website, you will never receive your order.

I placed an order in January for some chainring bolts. I placed the order online and paid via PayPal. I have yet to receive my order, or even any type of response from SRP customer service. Unfortunately, I waited longer than the 45 days PayPal allows you to dispute a transaction, so I'm out of luck with that potential solution.

I have tried numerous times to contact SRP via their website contact form and also using the support@srp-usa.com email address.

According to PayPal, my payment went to Peter Mendes, who owns Waiteco Precision Machining, which has now changed it's name to Peak Manufacturing. I have attempted to contact Mr Mendes through these channels as well, with no response.

I would strongly advise against doing business with Peter Mendes and srp-usa.com.

If anyone has successfully either received their product, or been graced with a reply from SRP in the past 6 months, please post here. I'd love to hear how you were able to achieve such an apparently impossible feat.

edit: I did a little internet archeology and found they SRP has been taking orders and money without shipping product since at least 2007:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=292380

ultraman6970
06-27-2011, 01:31 AM
Well the waiteco web site doesnt even have the address. Dude u waited too much, after 3 weeks it was kind'a clear your stuff was not going to be sent. Well thanks for letting us know tho.