PDA

View Full Version : Beer Jerseys

Bud
03-30-2007, 09:51 PM
I know many of us like beer, so what (if any) beer jerseys* do you have and/or which ones would you like to own?

Have: New Belgium Fat Tire
Would Like: Lefthand, Dale's Pale Ale (rumored to exist, but I've never seen it).

(See a pattern here?)

*hey- beer jerseys are way better than those mp primal wear pos things...

bironi
03-30-2007, 11:18 PM
your handle, before posing such a question. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: ,

but not Bud. :beer:

Jeff N.
03-31-2007, 12:10 AM
I've got an Arrogant B@stard Ale and Firestone Double Barrel Ale jersey. Jeff N.

Ginger
03-31-2007, 12:19 AM
The Bell's Beer MTB Team jersey.

http://bp1.blogger.com/_OZICWiYKarQ/Rd3hJ7fvNTI/AAAAAAAAABA/3r8M1mz8l-o/s1600/2007jerseytopost.bmp

abritton419
03-31-2007, 03:34 AM
:rolleyes: When you have got some decent brewerys like we have in the UK, then and only then should you consider riding in a 'beer jersey' :D ;)

Please let me know if any of the following are available in the States:

www.bankssbeer.com

www.envilleales.com

www.hooknortonbrewery.co.uk

www.camra.org.uk (campaign for real ale)

jwb96
03-31-2007, 10:45 AM
Have: Pacifico
Want: Ommegang

If I were a "serious" rider, my beer and baked goods consumption would be a liability rather than the reward they are now. Who wants to be serious? And besides, I hate the "oh, you're so skinny and ride your bike and you get to eat anything" comments, so it's just another way to rub it in.

bironi
03-31-2007, 10:58 AM
I've got an Arrogant B@stard Ale and Firestone Double Barrel Ale jersey. Jeff N.

You're not worthy. :beer:

goonster
03-31-2007, 11:32 AM
When you have got some decent brewerys like we have in the UK, then and only then should you consider riding in a 'beer jersey' :D

:rolleyes:

Please let me know if any of the following are available in the UK:

Victory Brewing Co. (http://www.victorybeer.com)

Brewery Ommegang (http://www.ommegang.com)

Troegs Brewing Co. (http://www.troegs.com)

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. (http://www.sierranevada.com)

. . . and those are just a few places that, aside from brewing truly world-class product, make jerseys and/or sponsor cycling teams.

No disrespect, but also let us know when the U.K. makes a truly hoppy beer. Or, for that matter, a first-rate lager.

If we have no decent breweries, why does Michael Jackson come here so much? :confused:

Our breweries may be run by kids, comparatively, but they do OK, thanks. :beer:

Beer jerseys are cool if it is a local brewery whose product you consume.

rwsaunders
03-31-2007, 12:33 PM
Brilliant!

Bud
03-31-2007, 01:07 PM
:rolleyes:

No disrespect, but also let us know when the U.K. makes a truly hoppy beer. Or, for that matter, a first-rate lager.

Beer jerseys are cool if it is a local brewery whose product you consume.

+1 and +1 again. Support your local (hoppy) brewery.

bcm119
03-31-2007, 02:45 PM
Goonster is correct as usual. I'd add that its irrelevant which UK beers are available here as they usually don't travel well anyway, which is fine- they are subtle and complex and are best consumed locally, no? :beer:

My official position on beer jerseys is that they are MP.

However, I have 2- both Sierra Nevada. One in pale ale-green and an octoberfest long sleeve in black/orange/red. Both were gifts from my s.o.'s family who live in the sierra foothills.

SN is an all-around great company and I don't mind wearing their jerseys.

Bill Bove
03-31-2007, 03:16 PM
Yo, BBDave! you got a Heinie jersey :D ?

pdonk
03-31-2007, 03:27 PM
Pumphouse Brewery in Moncton sponsored a local club and they had really cool jerseys. Can't seem to find a picture of one on line though.

Kevan
03-31-2007, 03:46 PM
Arrogant B@stard and Duvel.

scrooge
03-31-2007, 04:19 PM
The Bell's Beer MTB Team jersey.

http://bp1.blogger.com/_OZICWiYKarQ/Rd3hJ7fvNTI/AAAAAAAAABA/3r8M1mz8l-o/s1600/2007jerseytopost.bmp

Me too. I just wish it wasn't black.

sc53
03-31-2007, 04:40 PM
Palincss has a beautiful brown Belgian beer jersey--in retro wool, of course, but I forget the name of the beer. Every time he wears the jersey, i want a good Belgian ale for the ride!

michael white
03-31-2007, 05:17 PM
Beer shirts are for teenagers trying to look grown up. I think they're ridiculous.

In cycling clothing--and this is coming from a straight guy--girl's stuff is much more tasteful as a rule. I have no idea why manufacturers think male cyclists are morons, but unfortunately that is the case.

CNY rider
03-31-2007, 05:51 PM
Have: Pacifico
Want: Ommegang

If I were a "serious" rider, my beer and baked goods consumption would be a liability rather than the reward they are now. Who wants to be serious? And besides, I hate the "oh, you're so skinny and ride your bike and you get to eat anything" comments, so it's just another way to rub it in.

I got my Ommegang at the factory last fall (I live about 5 minutes away). Really nice short sleeved jersy. I'll bring it to Open House. Are you attending? Let me know if you want one.

palincss
03-31-2007, 05:53 PM
Palincss has a beautiful brown Belgian beer jersey--in retro wool, of course, but I forget the name of the beer. Every time he wears the jersey, i want a good Belgian ale for the ride!

New Belgium.

I just checked their web site, and the wool jersey isn't currently available.

bcm119
03-31-2007, 07:50 PM
Beer shirts are for teenagers trying to look grown up. I think they're ridiculous.

In cycling clothing--and this is coming from a straight guy--girl's stuff is much more tasteful as a rule. I have no idea why manufacturers think male cyclists are morons, but unfortunately that is the case.
Dude, you're like totally harshing my buzz. ;)

Seriously, I disagree w/you on both points. Beer shirts look ridiculous on teenagers, but not on everyone. Okay, maybe Tecate jerseys. But why is a beer company any less ridiculous to advertise on your back than any other corporate logo if you're not sponsored? Personally I'd rather have a local brewery's logo on my shirt than that of a giant corporation I know nothing about.

As for women's cycling clothing, I think most of it is horrible. Its all pink and powder blue and violet. Why would women want to look girly on a bike? My s.o. can hardly find any womens jerseys that she'd wear. Most of them have that maternity wear style. have you flipped through the women's section of Colorado Cyclist? How about the "biker chick" jersey with a hatchling chicken on it? Thats worse than a Tecate jersey atmo.

That said, jerseys are jerseys, ya wear what ya wear.

michael white
03-31-2007, 08:16 PM
well, I went to the Colorado Cyclist website, and this is one of the first gal's jersey's I saw. It's a fairly good example of a jersey designed with some flair and taste. Some decorative skill, as opposed to a bottle, shark's jaws, or some other juvenilia as is the case with boy's jersey's. That's all I ask, that designers try to sell products for the over-16 crowd.

I don't ride pro, so don't care to promote a logo, esp an ugly one. I don't mind wearing something that says Campagnolo, but anything else, and it's an ironic gesture or joke, and I'm usually not in the friggin mood.

best,
mw

mflaherty37
04-01-2007, 12:13 AM
Sierria Nevada - the dude was a dedicated bike mechanic befor a brewer. How cool is that?

http://www.sierranevada.com/eStore/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=50