PDA

View Full Version : Is your time correct on the forum?

Keith A
03-29-2007, 04:18 PM
I have noticed that ever since DST changed that time on the Serotta forum is off by an hour. I had to set my time zone to one that was an hour earlier in order to get the correct time. Anyone else have this problem?

rePhil
03-29-2007, 04:23 PM
I'm on the other coast from you Keith...right now it says it's 9:21 Serotta time, and it's 5:21 here.

Kevan
03-29-2007, 04:28 PM
second: 5:23 pm

Mine should be at about 5:29pm

Keith A
03-29-2007, 07:24 PM
I'm on the other coast from you Keith...right now it says it's 9:21 Serotta time, and it's 5:21 here.You can adjust this in your User CP and then click on Edit Options on the left side. Towards the bottom of the options page is Date & Time options. In order for my time to show up correctly, I had to adjust this one hour different than my actual time zone -- which I assume is related to the DST changes.

rockdude
03-30-2007, 10:06 AM
I have had trouble for my computer's time. I keep setting the time and it keeps going back an hour earlier.

Keith A
03-30-2007, 10:09 AM
What OS are you running?

BdaGhisallo
03-30-2007, 12:00 PM
Does anyone else get email notifications of additions to threads that you have posted in but get more than one notification? I usually get two emails for each notification, both to the same email address. Sometimes I get four(!) notifications for each new post!!!!

Any ideas? I would really love to get just one notification.

rockdude
03-30-2007, 03:23 PM
What OS are you running?

MS. Windows XP

BdaGhisallo
03-30-2007, 03:25 PM
I had to ask! This post by Rockdude caused the forum to send me four(!) emails alerting me to its addition to the thread!!

Keith A
03-30-2007, 03:27 PM
rockdude -- Interesting. Supposedly XP has taken care of the changes with the new start time of DST this year. Since this weekend is when the DST would have normally started, it will be interesting to see if you time problem goes away.

Are you using the SP2 with all of the updates?

BdaGhisallo -- Only one email for me.

rockdude
03-30-2007, 03:38 PM
I had to ask! This post by Rockdude caused the forum to send me four(!) emails alerting me to its addition to the thread!!

Sorry I caused you problems.. I am only getting one email alert.

Keith, What is SP2?

I tried to set the automatic update service to different web sync clocks but it still goes back one hour. It may be doing it when it syncs to the website clocks. When I change the clock it will be correct for a few day then it changes and it is again behide an hour. I hope when the old DST passes the problems goes away.

Keith A
03-30-2007, 04:00 PM
rockdude -- SP2 is Service pack 2. Click on your "start" button, then do a RMB (right mouse button) click on "My Computer" and then select "Properties" at the bottom of the menu. This will bring up a window with some information and the "General" tab should state your system details and it will say if you have Service Pack 2 installed.

One other thing to check -- double click on your clock in the task bar which will bring up the date and time properties. Now click on the "time zone" tab and see if you have the "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes" selected or not. If not, then select this option and it may solve your problem. While you are on this page, see if your time zone is set correctly.

If one of these settings are off, this could fix your problem. If they are all correct, then check your time on Sunday and see if it is fixed. If not, then post a message back here and I can look into it a little more for you.

rdparadise
03-30-2007, 04:13 PM
Guys:

Because congress moved DST up 3 weeks in the spring and extended it one week into Nov., your computer needs up update from Microsoft. If you are running windoz then go to microsoft.com and look for updates. It will check you computer and tell you what you are missing and set it up for download.

Do this and then when done, click on your clock on the bottom toolbar and set to automatic update for DST and it should work. You will have to restart your computer after any updates have been loaded.

Good luck.

Bob

rockdude
03-30-2007, 04:21 PM
rockdude -- SP2 is Service pack 2. Click on your "start" button, then do a RMB (right mouse button) click on "My Computer" and then select "Properties" at the bottom of the menu. This will bring up a window with some information and the "General" tab should state your system details and it will say if you have Service Pack 2 installed.

One other thing to check -- double click on your clock in the task bar which will bring up the date and time properties. Now click on the "time zone" tab and see if you have the "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes" selected or not. If not, then select this option and it may solve your problem. While you are on this page, see if your time zone is set correctly.

If one of these settings are off, this could fix your problem. If they are all correct, then check your time on Sunday and see if it is fixed. If not, then post a message back here and I can look into it a little more for you.

All the clock stuff is correct but I am still using SP1. I will update my computer to SP2 and see what happens.. Thanks for the help..

John..

Keith A
03-30-2007, 07:56 PM
John -- That should take care of your problem.

Ginger
03-30-2007, 08:14 PM
They time us on here?

BumbleBeeDave
03-30-2007, 08:45 PM
. . . wear watches? What the heck difference does it make? :confused: :beer:

BBD

rockdude
03-31-2007, 09:07 AM
. . . wear watches? What the heck difference does it make? :confused: :beer:

BBD

Watches are sooo 20th Century. I guess you could say watches are like steel and computers are like carbon. :)

BumbleBeeDave
03-31-2007, 09:56 AM
. . . carry a computer strapped to your wrist? Or have to whip out your Blackberry every time you want to see what time it is?

Silly, silly, silly . . .

BBD

Keith A
04-02-2007, 09:01 AM
What time is it now?

Edit: It looks like Serotta's server for the forum wasn't up to speed with the new DST start time. Now that the regular start date for DST is past, the correct timezone with DST adjustment turned on provides the correct time.

Keith A
04-02-2007, 09:21 AM
BdaGhisallo -- I have paid closer attention to the email notifications and I do sometimes get two of them for the same message. I also have a problem with them arriving in a timely manner and there are occasions when the email arrives more than 24 hours after the message has been posted.