PDA

View Full Version : sidi 5.5 genius carbon question

AgilisMerlin
03-28-2007, 06:09 PM
ordered a pair of genius 5's nylon sole last week, from my local shop.

they got in the carbon version for me. :confused:

any input on these

thanks ahead of time

i am currently using a 4 year old pair of energy's

sbornia
03-28-2007, 08:08 PM
I've been riding the prior, equivalent model -- Genius 5 carbon? -- for the last 2+ years. I rode the non-carbon Genius before that, and I *think* I remember feeling a difference when I switched over. I can't really recall a dramatic difference in stiffness of the sole, but maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention.

That said, the shoe is great - typical Sidi comfort right out of the box. When I was doing a lot of miles last summer (300/week) I got some hotspots, but I think my Superfeet inner soles were just too beat up. New ones felt better.

1centaur
03-29-2007, 05:38 AM
I'll lob this dumb a** question in here because, hey, what the heck:

I got the 5.5 CSCs on sale from Competitive a week or so ago and have not yet put Speedplay Zero cleats on. These soles have that movable middle slot for Keos, I think, with a big screw holding it in place. The Sidi diagrams don't do a good job of saying what to do about that screw, nor do the Speedplay instructions on line. On my DMTs there was no screw and I glued the slider in place so it would not rattle. Is there a "right" way to put Speedplay cleats on that shoe without doing the remove screw and glue slider thing?

Thanks.

AgilisMerlin
03-29-2007, 05:54 AM
i just swapped over my zero cleats. Used the Silver - longer bolts

did not glue the plate. seems to me, with those bolts, no way in hell the plate is going to become loose with the three bolts, wicked tight on top, and the two bolts at back of base plate. jmo

would not worry about that. Just wanted some feedback about the shoe

I took that center screw out, and once you tighten down the bottom speedplay plate, it presses against that moveable bolt/washer, and it became stationary.

Once i mounted the cleat, i shoe gooed the tips and mid section. Voila - good to go, for years of unhasstled comfort.............

I think part of the inspection process is the sprinkling of holy water on every shoe.............let me call my contacts in Italy on this one :D

as far as gluing the plate, i used to glue the plate, on my energy's when i was using look cleats, but that plate floated with only the 3 hole look bolts holding it in place.

hope this helped :D