PDA

View Full Version : Bike Setup on Trainer Vs On Road

bobscott
03-27-2007, 07:25 AM
Following one of the threads here on the forum I have been playing with my cleat positioning, fore/aft, toe in/toe out. Using the bike on my trainer I got the cleats to a position I thought was pretty comfortable as judged by several hours of riding.
Then, I took the bike out on the road and what felt good on the trainer immediately felt really off. On the road the cleat positioning felt like I had too much toe in for both cleats (one worse than the other). This same trainer/road setup difference has happened to me before with a saddle height adjustment.
Anyone else experienced this or have thoughts on it? Setup is so much easier using a trainer that I hope these are just two exceptions.
Thanks,
bobscott

dirtdigger88
03-27-2007, 08:05 AM
I resist the need to start adjusting my bike on my rollers- it NEVER transfers well to the road for me-

that said- I will drop my saddle slightly when Im using the rollers- (.5cm or so) but I dont know if that is more due to the winter and my lack of riding- or a roller issue

Jason

William
03-27-2007, 08:19 AM
I've always left it the set up same regardless. I've never noticed any problems switching from one to the other (road vs rollers).

William