PDA

View Full Version : Nicknames

Too Tall
06-01-2004, 06:15 AM
Q #1 -
Besides late for dinner, what nickname(s) do your pals give you for: riding, bowling, work etc.?

1. bike riding - Too Tall
2. horses - big foot
3. starbucks - "paperguy" ('cause I steal a paper each day and come back in the afternoon...pay for it and sit to read).

Elefantino
06-01-2004, 06:36 AM
Riding: Mike, mostly. Sometimes "Crash."
Home: Dad, or "yes, dear"
Work: Arrogant b*st*rd who's always right.
LBS: He wants another freebie.
License plate/tag: SVN LFT

BumbleBeeDave
06-01-2004, 06:49 AM
. . . Unfortunately, Serotta Alyson would throw me off the forum if I repeated any of them! :p

BBDave

pale scotsman
06-01-2004, 07:09 AM
Growing up I was bean beacuse my mom said I was skinny as a beanpole. She still calls me that.

Ten years ago I played alot of golf and one of my buddies called me the pale scotsman. It stuck. Not too sure why I'm the pale scotsman other than I'm pale and my mom is from Scotland.... like there's no pale chaps in Scotland. Wouldn't that make me the pale half scot?

Ozz
06-01-2004, 12:05 PM
Nickname: Oz

Four syllable, Basque last name was just too difficult to call out during soccer matches. Name was shortened to provide brevity during college playing days.

Turns out, that the nickname is name most college friends first knew me as, so it sticks to this day.

Dr. Doofus
06-01-2004, 12:15 PM
Riding : roberto

Work : Dr. K., DK

Home: King of the Foxes (don't ask)

cookieguy
06-01-2004, 01:17 PM
Work -- There is a certain crowd at work that calls me Dr. Death (I can break just about any computer system....)
Mom -- Nunick (sp?)...from some old comic strip

Too Tall
06-01-2004, 02:10 PM
...breaking in here...Cookieguy, perhaps your mah was calling you a "Nudnik" which is Yiddish for "pesty, persistent....". Not a bad thing. Was that it???

Please, talk among yourselves.

Jeff N.
06-01-2004, 09:53 PM
Biking: The Train, or J.T.

Work: Jay, or Bro.

Hmmmm...Guess thats about it. Jeff N.

TimB
06-02-2004, 06:57 AM
I was a preemie, so 'Tiny Tim.' My mom had me sleep in a doll crib.(No, I'm not kidding.)
Then, for a long time, I was 'Mouse.' I have no idea.
In elementary school, I was known as Timba. Tarzan's elephant? I was a skinny tiny kid.
For a while in college, I was 'Sludge Monster.' This came about from my job - vacuuming the pool bottom while wearing a wet suit and a full face mask hooked to an air compressor. Not fun the first thing in Spring, dead mice and decayed leaves, I left the pool quite aromatic. Yuck, hence the name.
There was a woman from Greece I met in Germany, who had the most lovely way of calling me "Timo." Except, since there's no short 'i' sound as we have in English, this came out as "Teemo." Beautiful.
Then there are those that call me 'Timmy,' Too Tall among them. It's a name I used to hate. I've given up though - and have convinced myself that it's not dimimutive as much as it is affectionate.

M_A_Martin
06-02-2004, 09:37 AM
Everyday: Ginger - from college drinking days, too much ginger brandy and ginger snaps. The name has stuck, so I use it. It seems to help people remember my name if I tell them Mary Ann...or Ginger.

Riding: Zena Warrior Princess - given to me by one of my riding buddies...not from being all that tough on a bike, but if a car isn't noticing me on a bike....evidently I have a fairly distinctive yell...practically scares my riding buddies out of their shorts, and halts most drivers even with the windows up and the stereo on...(I imagine they think "Oh sh*t, I just ran something over")

College instructors: Peter Pan

Family: Murry (my neices couldn't pronounce the "ar") also stuck...

csb
06-02-2004, 05:02 PM
lets call them 'flems'