PDA

View Full Version : On a Kirk frame...

catulle
03-23-2007, 08:21 PM
Today a good friend of mine came home to visit. He just turned 40, he's been national cycling champion several times, he spends a month of every year training and racing in Italy. I'd say he's a hard-core cyclist. He rides aluminum Pinarello frames because he buys them at the factory from the daughter of one of the Pinarello, and because he finds those frames much stiffer at the BB than anything carbon.

We are about the same size and he went for a ride on my Kirk bicycle. To make a long story short, he said that's the best frame he's ever ridden and wants to buy one. He kept on shaking his head. I was impressed myself at how much he liked my Kirk. Of course, he's a much better judge than I am. Good job, Dave. You might be hearing from him soon.

Louis
03-23-2007, 09:19 PM
Neat story. We are spoiled by all the fine toys we have and the fine gentlemen (and women) who build them for us.

Louis

shinomaster
03-23-2007, 10:54 PM
cool.

Bud
03-24-2007, 11:12 AM
Very nice.

The more I think about it, the more I'm sure I'd like to treat myself to a Kirk when I finish the PhD in a couple of years. That's be a nice gift to myself... (we'll see what my wife thinks :rolleyes: )

Smiley
03-24-2007, 11:26 AM
Today a good friend of mine came home to visit. He just turned 40, he's been national cycling champion several times, he spends a month of every year training and racing in Italy. I'd say he's a hard-core cyclist. He rides aluminum Pinarello frames because he buys them at the factory from the daughter of one of the Pinarello, and because he finds those frames much stiffer at the BB than anything carbon.

We are about the same size and he went for a ride on my Kirk bicycle. To make a long story short, he said that's the best frame he's ever ridden and wants to buy one. He kept on shaking his head. I was impressed myself at how much he liked my Kirk. Of course, he's a much better judge than I am. Good job, Dave. You might be hearing from him soon.
I am sure that had your buddy ridden any other wonderful bike within your stable he would have said the same thing. No comparison sometime between a stock production frame and a Richard Sachs , A Nag , A Kirk and a Serotta etc.