PDA

View Full Version : Drank the Neutron Kool-Aid

Tom
03-23-2007, 04:00 AM
It tastes good, methinks.

It's not a scientific comparison, I swapped a pair of mid-level Ksyriums with Conti Gator Skins for a set of these with PR2s, but some things seem apparent. The other wheels made bumps seem square edged, these round the impacts and are generally smoother overall. It's not the tires, the other Ksyriums I have are like that with PRs on them. The first five pedal revs when accelerating are really quite different, it seems like there's no resistance at all. I also feel like the bike turns much better with a lot less input. I can't tell anything about sustained climbing because I am about 8-10 pounds heavier than I should be counting fat, clothing, water and road sand and my fitness is poor even for me, but I went up one hill that usually gives me trouble with not too much of it.

They're fun. I like them. I should put them away until the weather gets better but I think I'll play around on them a couple more times before I do that.

93legendti
03-23-2007, 06:03 AM
I tried Ultra Gatorskins on some Dave Thomas handbuilts...they felt like square tires. I call them Uggs--as in Ugg, I hate riding these tires.

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=17469&highlight=ultra+gatorskins

Just for kicks, why not swap the tires around and see what you think?

dreadpiratetim
03-23-2007, 10:49 AM
+1 Neutrons more comfortable than Ksyriums... and still plenty stiff for me (140-ish). Of course I'm a full tubie guy again, so the Neutrons are just collecting dust in a corner of the garage. Luckily I did manage to sell the Ksyriums for close to what I paid for them. YMMV.