PDA

View Full Version : Steve Hampsten RED WINE PARTY

Serotta PETE
03-21-2007, 05:53 PM
Tom Brynes and I are have a great time out here in the SOLVANG area with Steve and about 30 other great folks. many SEROTTAs are out here and many Hampsten bikes - as well as the beautiful Dario creation that honors ANDY and the US 7-11 team.....

The riding has been wonderful and the fellow cyclist have been great. The routes are well laid out and the wine is plentiful - - what more could you ask for.

Tom and I are finishing off a bottle of Foxen Reseverv, so I will post pictures when the wine in is finished.

Next to OTTROTT, last year, this is the best event I have ever been on,

Wish you all were here. :D

PETE

ps - - don't forget to come to the JUNE SEROTTA OPEN HOUSE>.......We will have more red there and also the ANDREW SEROTTA creation for you to try. All I have to do is get Tom Brynes there......

atmo
03-21-2007, 06:03 PM
pete it sounds like some seminal
moments in solvang atmo. forza!

Serotta PETE
03-21-2007, 06:11 PM
pete it sounds like some seminal
moments in solvang atmo. forza!

YEP>>>>we miss you being here - but STEVE had your jersey on today....I have a picture that I will send you two.

Steve is saying too many nice things about you - - and that was before the wine....BUT then we are also going to Firestone ale house tonight also.....L-o-n-g ride tomorrow.

edouard
03-21-2007, 06:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p43idNrhvxE

obtuse
03-21-2007, 06:15 PM
i'm going to havesome wine too.

what's the word?

obtuse

atmo
03-21-2007, 06:17 PM
YEP>>>>we miss you being here - but STEVE had your jersey on today....I have a picture that I will send you two.

Steve is saying too many nice things about you - - and that was before the wine....BUT then we are also going to Firestone ale house tonight also.....L-o-n-g ride tomorrow.
have fun yo, and as we say around
here, next year in israel atmo.

Ginger
03-21-2007, 06:18 PM
Oh sure...rub it in. Wish I was there! (In California...Obtuse is a nice guy and all that...)

Ginger

Steve Hampsten
03-21-2007, 06:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p43idNrhvxE

i resemble that remark...

ginger, we need you here next year - trust me

atmo
03-21-2007, 06:23 PM
steve-issimo...
i still have your straight edge razor from san jose.
send to seattle atmo?

LegendRider
03-21-2007, 06:41 PM
i'm going to havesome wine too.

what's the word?

obtuse

What's the word?
Thunderbird
How's it sold?
Good and cold
What's the jive?
Bird's alive
What's the price?
Thirty twice

edouard
03-21-2007, 06:48 PM
i resemble that remark...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmY0qCzWD_w

bcm119
03-21-2007, 06:48 PM
damn, sounds like fun. Foxen is my favorite to visit, and I've been to 'em all. Try the byron pinot if you like burgundies, or if you're a zin fan a day trip to paso robles is well worth it. Can you tell I miss living down there? :)

Ken Robb
03-21-2007, 07:18 PM
Peachy Canyon does some yummy zins and they have a lovely tasting/picnic facility right in Rte. 46 in Templeton. Speaking of Templeton MacPhee's is a super restaurant their witha fine wine list---Ian MacPhee loves reds.

Zard
03-21-2007, 08:48 PM
I just returned from this adventure...what an experience! Unfortunately I had to leave early so I will miss out on tomorrow's ride which promises to be epic.

Great riding, great bikes, great stories, great food / wine but best of all a great group of people to share it with.

Tom and Pete are A#1. Do yourself a favor and seek these guys out. Steve Hampsten is an absolute gentleman as was our other host Dave Schnitz.

I told Tom and Pete that I think we might be in a "golden age" of cycling in this country right now. We had a waitress effusing about the Tour of California passing through, people in cars waving at us (and not with their middle finger) smooth roads, beautiful bikes, forums like this and lots of similar postive people from all over the country meeting at these events.

Already blocking out my calendar for next year....

Buzz

Tom Byrnes
03-21-2007, 10:40 PM
It's been an amazing cycling camp. Like ZARD (aka Buzz aka Jack Burke, l'americain) said, we have had epic rides, great bikes to ogle, gorgeous countryside, wonderful food and wine and, most of all, a great group of people to share it all with.

There are several very serious racers here, including a guy from New Jersey named Scott that raced in Belgium a few years ago, at least five women racers, and Buzz is training for his third Ironman Triathlon. Luckily, there are also plenty of other cyclists that Pete and I can ride with.

Steve Hampsten is a prince of a guy and has put together a great team of people to make our week run very smoothly. His friend Dave Schnitz arranged wonderful group dinners, including a memorable dinner at The Hitching Post. Sag wagons with better food than you find on most organized century rides and knowledgeable guides made all of rides much more enjoyable.

I am also definitely returning next year.

Wish you all could enjoy this.

Tom

Steve Hampsten
03-21-2007, 11:03 PM
steve-issimo...
i still have your straight edge razor from san jose.
send to seattle atmo?

ummm...

sure

?

DWF
03-21-2007, 11:11 PM
ummm...

sure

?
You two giving each other Brazilians again?

Yo Steve - Wine? Wine?! NAHBS was only two weeks ago or so and you're already reduced to drinking wine? Drinking wine is like polishing the brass on the Titanic, baby! No future in it.

mermaid
03-22-2007, 08:40 AM

Serotta PETE
03-23-2007, 12:28 PM
Well yesterday was our final day of riding at the camp. It was wrapped up with a 70 miler and 6000 feet of climbing out to the ocean and back.

This past week has really been fun both from the point of riding and of the great folks that we met. (and yes there was plenty of RED to drink also - KENO, we had SIERRA NEVADA)

My good friend TOM BRYNES even came with extra wine glasses, so we did not have to use plastic cups while "sipping"

Additionally TOM pulled me up the hills and furnished RED at the end of the day. He just dropped me off at the airport here in SANTA BARBARA.

I can not say enough good about the 'camp" or the entire experience. Steve and the gang did a great job and!!!!

WE had everything from SEROTTA Meivici, Legend, CSI, Colorado IIs and even a CRT steel (yes SMILEY we thought of you)

As mentioned previously, the only event over the years that I have had more fun at was OTTROTT with SEROTTA last summer.

Steve, thanks again for making the week so much fun - - :D

PETE