PDA

View Full Version : OT Computer Audio to Stereo System Audio

keno
03-17-2007, 01:58 PM
I would like to take the audio from my notebook computer and run it through my analog stereo in my workout room. There are streaming internet stations that have perfect music to ride rollers by. I would like the fidelity, volume and base my stereo provides that the notebook cannot create.

What are solutions?

keno

Dekonick
03-17-2007, 03:46 PM
Post a pic of the back of your receiver - need to know what kind of inputs you have. The best option is optical out from the notebook (may need an adaptor) to optical in on the receiver.

also post a pic of the back of your laptop - would help.

there are lots of other options - wireless media boxes, hardwired media boxes...

SoCalSteve
03-17-2007, 04:07 PM
Take the laptop into the work out room and hook up a powered subwoofer-speakers combo (they are meant specifically for laptop-home computer situations).

Bose makes a really nice one and I am sure Logitech and many other companies do as well.

This would be the simplest solution and the sound is very nice with plent of bass.

Good luck,

Steve

DRZRM
03-17-2007, 05:37 PM
Yeah, JBL makes a nice set of Creatures which are always pretty cheap on Ebay these days.

http://cgi.ebay.com/JBL-Creature-II-Speaker-Black-Color-2-1-Speaker-NIB_W0QQitemZ140095692500QQcategoryZ44984QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

pjm
03-17-2007, 07:04 PM
You need a cable with a stereo mini jack on one end and two male RCAs on the other, like these....
http://www.needledoctor.com/Online-Store/1-8-to-2-RCAs
Plug the mini jack into the audio out of your laptop, and the RCAs in to the aux
input of your reciever/amp.

rnhood
03-17-2007, 07:19 PM
I don't believe you can beat the versatility and sound quality of the Squeeze Box player. You notebook will transmit wireless to the Squeeze Box and, the Squeeze Box audio out jacks connect to your preamp/amp. You can also connect the Squeeze Box digital out to your favorite DAC if you so desire. But, the DAC built into the SB is actually quite good.

With this solution, you can wirelessly stream internet radio or, if you prefer listening to your CD's you can rip them to your hard drive using a lossless format then transmit this wirelessly to the Squeeze Box for outstanding fidelity.

http://www.slimdevices.com/pi_squeezebox.html#tech

don'TreadOnMe
03-17-2007, 07:33 PM
I'm w/Rnhood.

Slimdevice/squeezebox
+1 = !!!

Kevin
03-18-2007, 05:46 AM
Take the laptop into the work out room and hook up a powered subwoofer-speakers combo (they are meant specifically for laptop-home computer situations).

Bose makes a really nice one and I am sure Logitech and many other companies do as well.

This would be the simplest solution and the sound is very nice with plent of bass.

Good luck,

Steve

+1

Kevin

keno
03-19-2007, 05:14 AM
for all of the advice. I'm starting cheap, $2.95 on ebay with a mini/RCA adapter, see how that works and work my way up. It all looks good, in any event.

keno