PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix area bike shops??

Z3c
03-17-2007, 11:24 AM
Hello,

I am going to be visiting Phoenix/Scottsdale for a few days; if I can carve out time to visit one LBS which one should it be?? I like high-end/euro road stuff the most...

TIA,

Scott

old_school
03-17-2007, 11:34 AM
Bicycle Ranch (http://www.bicycleranch.com/) in Scottsdale*
I have dealt with Pariac in the past ... real nice guy.

*Now that I think of it, not much Euro, but good people.

Climb01742
03-17-2007, 11:41 AM
fairwheel bikes is in tucson but their website has serious euro bling, especially weightweenies stuff.

Bill D
03-17-2007, 12:24 PM
You may know this already, but Tucson is a couple hours to the south of Phx/Scottsdale so climb's suggestion may not be a feasible option. That said, I can't think of any shops in the Phx area with much in the way of Euro bling. old_school is right that Bicycle Ranch is one of the nicer shops in the area. Not a lot of (any?) Euro brands, but a pretty good variety of nice bikes, including Serotta, Guru, Elite. They're also a big Trek dealer, FWIW, but are a high-end shop.

Other suggestions: Landis has locations in Scottsdale and Tempe. They're one of the bigger shops and sometimes have some high-end stuff, though I think it's hit-and-miss. Domenic's in Tempe is a pretty good shop if it's convenient to you, but probably not worth a trip very far out of your way. There's a relatively new shop in old-town Scottsdale called Bicycle Haus that looks promising. I've just looked in the window a couple times when it was closed, but it looked like it had some pretty high-end stuff. Also, if you're into tri bikes, you could also try Bicycle Showcase (same strip mall as a Landis at Scottsdale and Shea) or Tribe Multisport (south scottsdale), both of which have some nice tri bikes but not as much road.

huey
03-17-2007, 02:22 PM
Bicycle Ranch is a good shop, kinda stuffy. I live in Phoenix and when I get a CDA later this year I am not going to get it from them. The vibe that I get from that shop is iffy. Bicycle Haus in Old Town Scottsdale, is the closest thing to a true Pro Euro type shop here in the Valley. They carry Look, Orbea, Specialized, Ridley, and I think Pinarello. I was in there the other day and they had 2 pairs of Lightweight wheels. The vibe is decent, and overall, it is cool shop. :beer:

LH2
03-17-2007, 03:06 PM
Bicycle Ranch is a good shop, kinda stuffy. I live in Phoenix and when I get a CDA later this year I am not going to get it from them. The vibe that I get from that shop is iffy.

Agree with this 110%

I bought a Legend Ti from these guys years ago and it wasn't a good experience. Although Ben means well, not all his dealers are terrific. Unfortunately, they're the only Serotta dealer in AZ, so I looked elsewhere for my next two bikes.

Skewer
03-17-2007, 06:46 PM
Stay away from Bicycle Ranch. It will be well worth your time to go check out Bicycle Haus in old town Scottsdale.

If you'll be looking for some good riding in the area let me know. Plus get ready for some heat....temps hit 95*today.

Kevin
03-18-2007, 05:52 AM
Bicycle Ranch (http://www.bicycleranch.com/) in Scottsdale*
I have dealt with Pariac in the past ... real nice guy.

*Now that I think of it, not much Euro, but good people.

+1

Kevin

Smiley
03-18-2007, 07:09 AM
Scott the bike ranch guys were at SICI selling the e-soles , go visit them they have good stuff there and get fitted for a foot bed while your there. They may give you a discount since your a shop dude and this may help them get you to be their dealer. Actually then you can write off the whole trip as a business venture but you already thought of that one :)

Stewball
03-18-2007, 11:00 AM
Hey Scott,

The folks at BicyceRanch were great when I got my Hors Catagorie back in '01. Pariac fit me himself, the bike couldn't be better. Seriously, it's one of the most comfortable things I own including the couch, easy chair & the bed! Ok, it is the Hors Catagorie but the fit & specifications are exact.
The Ranch has a road ride on Saturday morning with some great scenery. There were two groups, the A group was fast & sometimes covered more mileage, the B group was everyone else, (great folks). Be careful as some of the B group took out Pariac on his brand new Ottrott. The rules were tightened to uninvite uncooperative riders and keep the pace line, (which can get large) moving efficiently.
The eSoles division of the company has a very good product specific to the needs of the customer. The technology to fit the foot is amazing. I have prescription foot beds, the creator of the technology fit me, it was as personal as my bike fit. Delivery does seem to take a while.

Have a great time in Scottsdale!
A.J.