PDA

View Full Version : HSG/Attack ride reports? photos?

fierte_poser
03-15-2007, 11:18 AM
Haven't seen much on the forum about the new Serotta frames...

Are they not selling?

Or are their purchasers just out riding while I'm stuck at work? :rolleyes:

Let's see some pics and ride reports!

Kent

Blastinbob
03-15-2007, 01:22 PM
Here are some pictures Andrew sent me. I came oh so close to ordering one but it lost out to my alternate choice.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m101/blastinbob/attack001.jpg
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m101/blastinbob/attack002.jpg http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m101/blastinbob/attack003.jpg

swoop
03-15-2007, 01:24 PM
very very rad.

CNY rider
03-15-2007, 01:30 PM
Disclaimer for what I am about to type: I am a dyed in the wool Serota bicycle lover. I think they are an outstanding organization that makes a quality product and puts their heart and soul into every bicycle.

Having said that:
I can not for the life of me see how they can introduce a great new product, at considerable expense and effort, and then send out pictures like these to a prospective customer. There should be regal looking photos of beautiful bicycles, professionally produced, that go on the website and in all communication with customers.

I have to wonder if the Blastin' man would be on an Attack right now if only there were some decent pictures that raised excitement about the bicycle instead of looking like an afterthought.

Rant over. Carry on.

Climb01742
03-15-2007, 01:35 PM
has anyone test ridden an attack vs a meivici? how different do they feel/ride? thanks.

Serotta PETE
03-15-2007, 01:52 PM
I do not know of anyone who has an carbon ATTACK, but the HSG ti/carb is selling well and the folks I know who have them are racing them.

None of the folks I know that have the HSG post much on the forum though.

Mr. Blastinbob - What frame did you get??? Are we going to see you at the HAMPSTEN camp?

PETE

EDS
03-15-2007, 02:26 PM
I got an HSG Ti a couple of months ago and have been happy with it. Raced it for the first time last weekend and got 3rd (which I was really happy about because it is my first time placing in a bike race after coming from a running background).

My only complaint is that the bike weights a ton - seemingly more then my old aluminum Giant TCR but I haven't actually weighted them. Fortunately, that doesn't seem to be slowing me down.

In retrospect I wish I had the time to wait on a custum concours, but I needed something to ride since the Giant was deemed unsafe to ride after a bad crash.

Serotta_Andrew
03-15-2007, 02:29 PM
a cleaner picture

fierte_poser
03-15-2007, 02:49 PM
That Attack is freaking hot!

Serotta Andrew, what are the options for head tube length on the Attack?

Kent

Serotta_Andrew
03-15-2007, 02:53 PM
That Attack is freaking hot!

Serotta Andrew, what are the options for head tube length on the Attack?

Kent

What length do you want??

crossjunkee
03-15-2007, 02:55 PM
Lose that top tube graphic and you have a winner!

BoulderGeek
03-15-2007, 03:01 PM
BlastinBob, I have your same Italian leather dining room chairs! :banana:

Double props for the decal comments. big decals = :butt:

vaxn8r
03-15-2007, 03:22 PM
Yep.

Serotta_Andrew
03-15-2007, 04:22 PM
BlastinBob, I have your same Italian leather dining room chairs! :banana:
the chairs are in the office here at Serotta central

Blastinbob
03-15-2007, 05:54 PM
I do not know of anyone who has an carbon ATTACK, but the HSG ti/carb is selling well and the folks I know who have them are racing them.

None of the folks I know that have the HSG post much on the forum though.

Mr. Blastinbob - What frame did you get??? Are we going to see you at the HAMPSTEN camp?

PETE Our buddy Mike Grotz at Cyclesport in New Jersey has Attack #3 and also a LE Meivici. He won't give a comparison since his Meivici has been ridden this winter, but in his words "the Attack is a great bike".

Bob

Serotta PETE
03-15-2007, 06:01 PM
Our buddy Mike Grotz at Cyclesport in New Jersey has Attack #3 and also a LE Meivici. He won't give a comparison since his Meivici has been ridden this winter, but in his words "the Attack is a great bike".

Bob

Mike has never lead me wrong in 20 years......wheather it be a SEROTTA or a SPECIALIZED e5. When he says something is good it turns out that way for me.......including his wine recommendations.

He was down in Raleigh in NOVEMBER to drop off a friends new OTTROTT.

We got one day of riding in and two evenings of red. It was a great time! I hope to get up to see him in the latter part of APRIL if weather is "no snow"/

AgilisMerlin
03-15-2007, 06:16 PM
a cleaner picture

VERY NICE.......................for a carbon bike.

zap
03-16-2007, 07:58 AM
has anyone test ridden an attack vs a meivici? how different do they feel/ride? thanks.

Shouldn't be any different ;)

No guarantee how future versions will perform.

Life's too short to ride crack'n ti.

Climb01742
03-16-2007, 09:06 AM
Shouldn't be any different ;)

ain't that the truth.

Jason E
03-16-2007, 11:38 AM
I love the color. Beautiful bike. Can't wait to get my hands on a Catalog!

taxman
03-16-2007, 02:51 PM
First post; new owner.
Just picked up my bike on 3/3 and have about 40 miles on it.
Test rode a black Mei Vici last fall and then our local shop decided to hook up and get Serottas for the team.
The HSG IT was selected as the best fit for crit and road racing and affordability.
My frame looks like it is #50.
The Mei Vici test ride I took on a 58CM frame was the tipping point for me - a 20 year Cannondale rider. It fit like a glove and rode beautifully.
The shop also has an Attack for demos which I haven't been on yet but will try soon.
All I can say at this point is that the frame seems flawless; the shop build was right on ( new Campy Chorus); the ride seems great.
Haven't put it on the racing line yet; want to settle in with it for a few more miles.

soulspinner
03-17-2007, 05:00 AM

Plus one

kerrycycle
03-17-2007, 08:36 PM
To clear up some confusion, the graphics on the Attack are NOT decals. Since it is a custom bike, you can likely not have the graphic painted on the top tube (it would be easier for Serotta to paint) or anywhere else. You just won't be able to get nude carbon, since there is no cosmetic carbon outer layer like on other carbon bikes brands.

BoulderGeek
03-18-2007, 09:21 AM
You just won't be able to get nude carbon, since there is no cosmetic carbon outer layer like on other carbon bikes brands.

I don't want to come off as sounding argumentative; just looking for clarification:

Why would this be different than the Nove's nude tubes? There's no cosmetic weave layer, but it is still nude carbon.

Wouldn't it be the same effect (like the Scott CR1)?

Bruce
04-04-2007, 02:16 PM
Or Calfee's nude carbon bikes. He does nude on all three models, Luna, Tetra, and DFly. All use different tubes.

Also, does Scott really do "nude", ie. no paint, or just a flat paint? I have yet to see any carbon bike other than Calfee in a true nude.

BoulderGeek
04-04-2007, 03:22 PM
The Scott CR1s that I have seen were nude, but without a "weave" pattern layer. Just natural asymmetric carbon, like the Nove tubes and FSA and Campy cranks.