PDA

View Full Version : Meet Jack B. Ride - So Cal

mavic1010
05-29-2004, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the group for waiting for me. As usual i was a bit late. It was a pleasure to ride with BlastinBob, Tom B., and Jack B.

I was once again very Lemond-ish during the ride..."overweight and undertrained!"

Here are some pics/highlights of the ride.

I'm sure the pics will remind Weisan of his wonderful ride out here in so cali!

Enjoy!

mavic1010
05-29-2004, 04:43 PM

mavic1010
05-29-2004, 04:48 PM

weisan
05-29-2004, 05:30 PM
Looking at the pictures of good company, the welcoming beach, sweet sweet Ottrott, the magnificent Vanila, the fun Huffy and the esoteric Kirk...I almost can't resist the urge to move to S.Cal.

I did a ride this morning with a couple of buddies on my Atlanta. The weather was good, the bike was good, the course was challenging enough, just that my legs did not wake up till we hit the 50-mile mark, by then we are getting ready to wrap up. <sigh> Oh well, maybe next time... :p

Kurt
05-30-2004, 05:09 PM
the guy w/ the TC jersey kicked everyones ass - guy looks fit :beer:

pale scotsman
05-30-2004, 06:18 PM
So.... why was Jack bleeding? He didn't lay down that beautiful machine did he?
:bike:

Jack Brunk
05-30-2004, 11:28 PM
I clipped Mavic's rear wheel at a stop light. I had time to make sure that the kirk wouldn't touch the pavement. I've had a lot of practice with that fall while mountain biking so its no big deal.

I had a great time meeting and riding with Mavic, Tom and bob. A great group of guys and I look forward to more group rides. Mavic, thanks for the pictures.

Jack

Ken Robb
05-31-2004, 02:13 PM
is that Huntington Beach? Where is Malaga Cove?

Blastinbob
06-01-2004, 09:48 AM
Ken,
the beach pics were taken on the beach trail somewhere around LAX. The cove is in Palos Verde.

Bob

Tom Byrnes
06-01-2004, 07:12 PM
Great Riding Pals. :) :)
plus
Great Locations/Route :) :)
plus
Great Weather :cool: :cool:
equal
Great Ride :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

We did a nice 52 mile ride, from West Los Angeles, through Brentwood to Santa Monica, and then along the Coast through Venice, Marina del Rey, the South Bay Beach Towns to Palos Verdes. A modified, shorter version of Weisan's 80-miler.

It was great riding with everyone. Like Triple Crown Jack, I also look forward to more group rides.

Mavic, thanks for the photos.