PDA

View Full Version : Best and Worst

SponsorsWanted
03-14-2007, 08:37 PM
I'd like to know your opinions on the aesthetically best and worst mass produced bikes of the current generation. Mine: Best- Colnago C-50, Worst- Schwinn Pelo-whatever

vandeda
03-14-2007, 09:09 PM
IDK man ... seeing Colnago on SIX times on only one side of the bike is mad tacky. It reminds me of work when we had 2 ft of snow a few weeks ago. They felt it necessary to announce every hour to limit walking outside and to stay on plowed paths if we need to walk outside due to the large amounts of snowfall. It's as if we forgot about the 2 ft of snow or something. How many times do you need to tell me it's a Colnago ... at least a dozen on 1 bike?

Sorry, I'd love Colnago's aesthetically, if only they'd decide not to fill nearly every square inch of tubage with their stickers. Maybe they should install a small speaker that announces "This is a Colnago"

Best ... I am really digging some of Pegoretti's paint jobs, and any good looking classic lugged steel, especially commuting/touring bikes since that's the majority of the riding I do these days.

SoCalSteve
03-14-2007, 10:13 PM
I once counted how many times my Colnago C-50 said Colnago on it....

Between the frame, fork, heasdset, stem and seatpost, if memory serves me correctly, it was well over 20 times..22 or 23 comes to mind.

And thats not counting the "clover" logo.

A bit much.

My Carbonissimo, on the other hand, only says Colnago in like 10 places (including headset, fork and stem)...LOL

avalonracing
03-14-2007, 10:16 PM
I had a Coppi with 15 Coppi Logos on it (in addition to the model number, tube description, place of manufacture etc.)
I thought that it was a bit over top but I used to get lots of compliments on it.

swoop
03-14-2007, 10:36 PM
the 07 navigators extreme power are hot in real life. the quick step specializeds are not. t-mobiles giants are hot in real life, licky gas system6 are not.

AgilisMerlin
03-15-2007, 04:57 AM
Any past or present custom lugged steel frame which is/was used and abused.

best .!.

any Pacific/Huffy sold at WallyMart

worst '!'

:D

sg8357
03-15-2007, 08:24 AM
Winner of the "Melted on the bike rack"
Scott G.

sn69
03-15-2007, 08:57 AM
Anything lugged or fillet brazed. TIG under certain conditions. Some carbon.

Worst: Even easier. Anything Trek.

Worsteriest: Anything Specialized.

jemoryl
03-15-2007, 09:16 AM
The best looking bikes are certainly not Colnagos.
I really like the looks of the current Cyfac bikes.
Worst is a hard one, but I'm not fond of the wavy tube designs like some Pinnarellos and DeRosas.

dancinkozmo
03-15-2007, 09:26 AM
best mass produced....derosa neo primato faema

worst.............wilier triestina cento (check velonews buyer guide pg 52)

sorry but the C50 looks weird to me with those funky holes in the chainstays :)

mosca
03-15-2007, 01:09 PM
Man, this is harder than I expected. Everything seems to be screaming for attention on the showroom floor, or else trying to look like a heavily sponsored pro ride. All in all, this is my recent favorite:

fstrthnu
03-15-2007, 01:23 PM
Man, this is harder than I expected. Everything seems to be screaming for attention on the showroom floor, or else trying to look like a heavily sponsored pro ride. All in all, this is my recent favorite:

+1. I know the Standard Triomphe is great... this thing should really be something special in terms of race bikes. Hopefully I will be on board one of these at some point this year.

stevep
03-15-2007, 01:28 PM
that derosa is the gaudi version.
nothing straight.
look at in a fun house mirror and it looks normal.
believe me, it works.

Big Dan
03-15-2007, 02:07 PM
+1. I know the Standard Triomphe is great... this thing should really be something special in terms of race bikes. Hopefully I will be on board one of these at some point this year.

+ 2

and I don't even like carbon............

:)

davids
03-15-2007, 02:17 PM
The Lemond looks pretty nice. I keep noticing the new Orbeas - The 2007 Orca and Diva. The frame is a lovely piece of sculpture, atmo:

http://zero3.up.seesaa.net/image/060925-02.jpg

http://www.bicycletherapy.com/i2/eurobikeaward_orca.jpg

Climb01742
03-15-2007, 02:25 PM
I know the Standard Triomphe is great.

justin, how does the triomphe compare, ride-wise, to your team bike last year? thanks.