PDA

View Full Version : where do people get theri campy brifters rebuilt

znfdl
03-14-2007, 05:10 PM
Well my trusty campy brifters will need a rebuild soon. I used to send them to the ole trust worthy Branford Bike. I know that Branford Bike opened under new management, but I have not had any experience with them.

Where do people get their brifters rebuilt?

ERDR
03-14-2007, 05:14 PM
try quality bike in minnesota. i think it's called qbc, they are one of the shops main suppliers. they rebuilt some campy hubs, i think they do the shifters too.
s.

Bill Bove
03-14-2007, 05:27 PM
Call us at 561.547.1396 we're in Florida. Usually next day turn around. 60 bucks plus parts.

manet
03-14-2007, 05:32 PM
dear zinophile

have you tried it yourself?

after my evil cats done broke my right shifter, pal A.L. Breguet came to the rescue*. campyphile + superior watch proh that he is, he worked his mechanical magic on said shifter. with a print out from the campy site, patience, a few basic tools, the shifter was good to go in 45 minutes. really.
it was on the bike and working. now granted we didn't *re-build*, we swapped out fairly new parts into an unbroken body he had in his collection. similar, no?

tools: bench-vice, allen keys, torx, needle nose pliers, and 4 hands... voila!

* grant knows his ***** too. he hand held from afar, up on the frozen tundra.

A.L.Breguet
03-14-2007, 05:46 PM
Yeah, try it yourself. Go to Campy's sight and print out the parts diagram for your levers. I've done mine a few times, and it's not as tough as I thought it would be. The first time, allow a couple hours for start to finish, including removal and break and Del adjustment after. :banana:

znfdl
03-14-2007, 05:48 PM
Manet:

I would be willing to gove it a go, but Too Tall does not let me touch my bike, as I am much better at Math, Finance and pickng out a good wine than performing mechanical adjustments.

:cool:

Too Tall
03-14-2007, 05:50 PM
Out of self defense I need to say a word. Noooooooooooooooooo. I do all of ZNFNDLs wrenching and all I need is for him to show up with a bag of parts and that "look".....joshy pls. fix it :( Ouch. FATCAT, you got mail.

thwart
03-14-2007, 06:04 PM
There's a series of useful YouTube videos on repairing/overhauling ErgoShifters... it's definitely worth a look. After watching them I felt I could give it a try, and I'm not overly gung-ho on this more complex stuff :rolleyes:

Go to their site and search for Campagnolo.

Grant McLean
03-14-2007, 06:12 PM
There's a series of useful YouTube videos on repairing/overhauling ErgoShifters...

yes, someone was nice enough to upload the videos from the cdrom that
campy has. they are the instructional video campy provides for training.

disassembly:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t0ttU_Jm0Y

(and if that goes well) re-assembly:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSAnAmBXYSY

I'm a little outa shape with the wrench these days, so i plan to
get some practice again soon. I bought a set of alloy 9sp shifters
I plan to change over to 10.

Another great resource is:
http://www.tuttocampybici.com/catalogs.php
You can download the spare parts catalogs which
have all the small parts diagrams, incase you need
to replace anything you discover during surgery.

g

dschlichting
03-15-2007, 06:45 AM
Vecchio's in Boulder, Colorado

Mud
03-15-2007, 08:05 AM
I had the shop send my wife's back to Quality and it was slow. Campy is slow. Even Branford was slow. :crap:

ShockTreatment
03-15-2007, 10:05 AM
Z-- I do my own, but go to Spokes in Vienna or Quaker Lane if you want to pay the man.

Serotta PETE
03-15-2007, 10:14 AM
Sounds like the ZIN is the cause....... SPOKES lets me touch nothing but the wine..

Manet:

I would be willing to gove it a go, but Too Tall does not let me touch my bike, as I am much better at Math, Finance and pickng out a good wine than performing mechanical adjustments.

:cool:

COI
03-15-2007, 01:02 PM
Using the word "brifter" is as gay as using these:

COI

Bill Bove
03-15-2007, 06:08 PM

COI

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You :banana: :banana: :banana:

Shimano has given their product a name. STI. :crap: Campy named theirs ErgoLevers. :crap: I do not call your child Bob even though her name is Sue just because I like that name better.

vaxn8r
03-15-2007, 11:57 PM
Life needent be so complicated. Call your lbs. Make sure they have the springs and order them if not. Drop them off. Pick them up the next day. As I recall it ran me about $10 or $15, not sure but it was cheap.

Or send them half way across the country. Either way.

znfdl
03-16-2007, 04:25 AM

COI

But I am such a happy person ;)