PDA

View Full Version : Caption contest

stackie
03-13-2007, 12:29 AM
All,

Check out the picture of Bruce Gordon accepting the Best in Show award from the NAHMBS. You create the caption. No prize, just bragging rights.

"I can't believe that I came all the way to San Jose from Petaluma and all I got was the Best in Show award."

Seriously, love the guy's bikes, but you gotta crack a smile once in a while. Life can't be that bad.

BTW, Bruce, I think it's really a gorgeous bike.

Jon

regularguy412
03-13-2007, 01:11 AM
"An' I shaved my LEGS for this !?"

Archibald
03-13-2007, 01:11 AM
All,

Check out the picture of Bruce Gordon accepting the Best in Show award from the NAHMBS. You create the caption. No prize, just bragging rights.

"I can't believe that I came all the way to San Jose from Petaluma and all I got was the Best in Show award."

Seriously, love the guy's bikes, but you gotta crack a smile once in a while. Life can't be that bad.

BTW, Bruce, I think it's really a gorgeous bike.

Jon
He was actually very sick. I know because I was "medicating" him at regular intervals. :banana:

That said, I like BG so don't rag on him. You should probably note that JMewkill is also a big BG fan so you're messing with your after-life here.

stackie
03-13-2007, 09:42 AM
Archibald,

I'm not saying I don't like the guy. He's cool in a cranky sort of old framebuilder way. He does some way cool things with bikes and trinkets.

New caption:

"Maybe that last shot of Archibald's home"brewed" whiskey wasn't such a good idea. Now I have to stand here holding this heavy arsed award, and all I really wanna do it go lay down."

Jon