PDA

View Full Version : stevep urges forum members to sue fat robert

stevep
03-12-2007, 11:23 AM
in my well considered opinion fat robert has put us all on for years. he rants and raves about training, he expounds on races , he yaps on about all other shiite...
and he quits racing for the season before the bike race equinox (april fools day atmo ) even arrives cause some idiot complained to him about his cookies.
this is unfair and too much bs for words.
if each member settles for maybe 2 dozen cookies the stiff will be busy for another 12 months.

i know serotta andrew will settle for 6 cookies cause he is cheap.
obtuce 24 cause it is a long way from his mouth to his stomach,
climb needs 36 cause he has to examine each detail on each cookie therefore he will not eat every one...just the best ones.
atmo will take one cookie in 5 years... or as soon as possible if a slot opens up.
the rest i cannot speak to...
let the suits fly.

to the kitchen robert.
chocolate chip for me robert... and more than one freakin chip per cookie this time.

coylifut
03-12-2007, 11:31 AM
Here's what fatmo can do. he'll make up the dough in the morning and then do 20 minute indoor trainer intervals while the cookies are in the oven and 5 minute rest periods while he reloads the sheets. after 3 weekends, he'll quit cycling altogether.

catulle
03-12-2007, 11:34 AM
I could NOT disagree more. I'm all for Dr. Doof, right or wrong. Dr. Doof for Pope...!!!

(No limousine ride for stevep, atmo...)

Fat Robert
03-12-2007, 11:41 AM
i'm going to sue myself for wasting a winter training for races i failed to do, and for slandering myself with all of my previously posted crap.

non goofy part:

this deal for me is a friendship thing. i really like one local shop owner, who has no people skills, doesn't make deals on stuff, wears his pagan medallions during business hours, used to be co-owner of a bondage shop, and at the core is a nice, vulnerable, decent human being who has never jacked me around. he takes crap around here because he won't give deals on things, because he doesn't share the same religious views as the majority (it is the south, after all), and because he happens to tie his girlfriend up from time to time.

my now ex-sponsor (i quit my team today) asks me not even to mention this guy, because that was "advertising." my team e-mails me to get with the program and play ball. given the measley stakes and the history of holier-than-thou crap against my guy, I felt the right thing to do was to bail from all of the cats around here...silence equals complicity. I like the S&M guy. he's a nicer cat than the lot of them...the only reason I'm wasting space on this board is that I want to vent a bit, and venting around here will just get me in hotpisswater.

coylifut
03-12-2007, 11:49 AM
i couldn't agree with you more. that kind of $**** chaps my hide as well. if we didn't give you a hard time, that would make you worry more.

Too Tall
03-12-2007, 11:59 AM
I'll send you cookies.

Saaaay, I thought the dewd looked a bit odd. A little too much info. imho.

davids
03-12-2007, 12:08 PM
I'm really sympathetic, Fatmo. But I still want my cookies.

Climb01742
03-12-2007, 12:13 PM
"peckerwood" was coined in the south for a reason. i was born in georgia, and come from generations of crackers so i can say this: crackers make tough neighbors. ain't no place perfect but the south has a special kind of narrowness. greener pastures, robert, greener pastures.

zank
03-12-2007, 12:16 PM
Dr. Fatmo, please join HUP. We don't have any sponsors, so nothing to worry about. You can still be friends with your shop owner guy. You get to wear the coolest kit in the US and you will begin to experience an overwhelming desire to race cross.

The perks are lacking, but one of my teammates has his own little female cheering section. We can ship them down to you for an important race weekend.

Ray
03-12-2007, 12:20 PM
Good on ya Fatmo. I love the south but I don't think I could ever live there (so maybe it's not really love?). My dad lived the last 15 years of his life there and was never comfortable with the religious orientation of damn near everything. My brother lives down there and spends his life railing against the same thing. Life's too short, imho. Some really truly honestly NICE people, but a cultural narrowness that would beat me down over time. Plenty of people who don't subscribe, mind you, but too damn many who do.

Good job standing up for your shop guy - more power to you if you can hang in.

-Ray

atmo
03-12-2007, 12:27 PM
any pc users out there that can help a bro -
i have alotta crackers in my puter from
various, er, websites, and i need to get
them cleaned out atmo.

zank
03-12-2007, 12:30 PM
them cleaned out atmo.

Counterspy (http://www.sunbelt-software.com/), atmo

Kevan
03-12-2007, 12:36 PM
and every day I try to do communion about a dozen times a day.

With milk as a chaser.

Give'm hhe...heck, FR!

gt6267a
03-12-2007, 12:39 PM
them cleaned out atmo.

sounds like you need to work on your cash flushing.

taz-t
03-12-2007, 01:17 PM
"peckerwood" was coined in the south for a reason. i was born in georgia, and come from generations of crackers so i can say this: crackers make tough neighbors. ain't no place perfect but the south has a special kind of narrowness. greener pastures, robert, greener pastures.

Hmm - don't know where to start...

I may not be qualified to respond to this since I only go back 4 or 5 generations in 'dixie'. Maybe more, but "r record keepin' aint too gud".

anyway... 1) there's morons, imbeciles and close minded people everywhere. We don't have an exclusive on them. 2) South Carolina is *not* Georgia.

I'll leave it at that... maybe BullieDawg or Pale Scotsman would care to comment further.

Taz in Atlanta

taz-t
03-12-2007, 01:19 PM
them cleaned out atmo.

turn it upside down and shake... works for me

- taz

catulle
03-12-2007, 01:22 PM
Is the Northern oligarchy (I mean, the patricians) any different from your run-of-the-mill Bubba...? I mean, just asking...

Bill Bove
03-12-2007, 01:32 PM
Fatmo, we're in the process of ordering our SQUADRA ROSA/FATCAT Bicycles Presented By Chuck Norris team kits right now. What size you be? no dues-no rules-no talent-no results but we look good in pink.

fiamme red
03-12-2007, 01:43 PM
them cleaned out atmo.Throw all that chometz in the fire, or sell it to a goy through your local rabbi atmo.

Archibald
03-12-2007, 02:04 PM
non goofy part:

this deal for me is a friendship thing. i really like one local shop owner, who has no people skills, doesn't make deals on stuff, wears his pagan medallions during business hours, used to be co-owner of a bondage shop, and at the core is a nice, vulnerable, decent human being who has never jacked me around. he takes crap around here because he won't give deals on things, because he doesn't share the same religious views as the majority (it is the south, after all), and because he happens to tie his girlfriend up from time to time.
This guy sounds familiar. I figure you're either talking about me or JMewkill, except for the whole tying up the GF part and that has me thinking it's Obtuse, not that I'm against tying folks up as long as it's with people I care about in a comfortable surrounding. Can I have some cookies?

TimB
03-12-2007, 02:15 PM
to sue him for not telling the truth about being Fat Robert when he weighs only 175 pounds.

Now all of the sudden it's a repeat of the War of Northern Aggression.

tiger
03-12-2007, 02:15 PM
anyway... 1) there's morons, imbeciles and close minded people everywhere. We don't have an exclusive on them.
Taz in Atlanta

I'd have to agree. I spent 12 years in North and South Carolina. People are the same there as they are here in NY. The superficial veneer, accent and voice inflections are diferent, that's all. Once you get down to the real person, there is the same percentage of idiots everywhere...(and the same prevalence of downright nice and good human beings; takes a while to find them as they are usually in hiding from the idiots...).

Tiger

edouard
03-12-2007, 02:28 PM
I'd have to agree. I spent 12 years in North and South Carolina. People are the same there as they are here in NY. The superficial veneer, accent and voice inflections are diferent, that's all. Once you get down to the real person, there is the same percentage of idiots everywhere...(and the same prevalence of downright nice and good human beings; takes a while to find them as they are usually in hiding from the idiots...).

Tiger

ok but why do they talk like th'aaaaat

TimB
03-12-2007, 02:57 PM
Okay, you want funny talking?

Go rent the movie "Fargo."

Then travel to Brainerd, MN.

The Coen brothers were not exaggerating.

I've lived there, and in NC (and other places), and the accent in MN is whackier.

Too Tall
03-12-2007, 03:29 PM
Gorsh he was jus funnin youz Tim ;)

I miss the wild rice and 3.2 beer.

catulle
03-12-2007, 03:44 PM
ok but why do they talk like th'aaaaat

Wait until you date a girl from Kentucky, or Virginia, or Tennesse... You'll wish all'd talk like th'aaaaat...

Serotta PETE
03-12-2007, 06:32 PM

Tiger

+1. But folks, NC is terrible :D :D do not come down!!!!! Stay home ;)

In all seriousness, I could not agree with TIGER more. THe friends I have made in NC are great (except SPOKES) and I think it is a yankee transfer just as I am :) :)

michael white
03-12-2007, 06:40 PM
Southerners do seem dumber to the Northerners who are taking over. They're probably not genetically dumber, of course, but the metabolism is, shall we say, laid back, and that makes them seem slow-witted for a few years while you're getting used to it. Hope that didn't sound arrogant; it was meant in a light way.

Serotta PETE
03-12-2007, 06:58 PM
Trust me!! they are no slower......They are sly as a fox and twice as quick.....

Folks can tell form my mannerism and slang that home was real close to the HUDSON RIVER and GEORGE WASHINGTON BRIDGE. I respect and have learned from all my friends south of the MASON DIXON> They take time to smell the roses and life - - and still get as much done as us northerners.

The only exception to this is my good friend MARK who is quicker on the red than me. Additionally he is twice as smart as me!!!! for he always manages to ge the last glass.

Southerners do seem dumber to the Northerners who are taking over. They're probably not genetically dumber, of course, but the metabolism is, shall we say, laid back, and that makes them seem slow-witted for a few years while you're getting used to it. Hope that didn't sound arrogant; it was meant in a light way.