PDA

View Full Version : Indy Fab Vs Seven

beungood
03-12-2007, 12:56 AM
Anyone ever do a comparison between Indy Fab and Seven? Does one stand out over the other?

Lanternrouge
03-12-2007, 01:12 AM
To a certain degree, it may depend on whether you're comparing comparable models. A couple years ago, I was trying to decide on my Ti dream bike and I was left trying to decide between a Seven Axiom Ti and Ti Crown Jewel. I went with the Seven because Seven said they would choose the tubes based on desired ride qualities. That's what swayed me at the time. A Serotta was out of my budget then, sio it was not really in the running.

Assuming you get the appropriate geometry from your fitter and designer, you will probably be quite happy with either of the two.

Lanternrouge
03-12-2007, 01:18 AM
When I re-read your post, I started thinking you may have been asking about steel. If so, Zancanato is also more or less local for you.

Climb01742
03-12-2007, 03:41 AM
if you are interested in steel, i was e-mailing with a forum pal awhile ago who has had just about every sweet steel frame out there and he said his fav was his zank. FWIW.

old_school
03-12-2007, 07:00 AM
Velonews (http://www.velonews.com/tech/report/articles/5336.0.html) had a few words to say. It might not be exactly the ride report you were looking for, but I did get a chuckle out of it.

Nic Schmidt
03-12-2007, 07:46 AM
If you're deciding on a custom TIG-welded frame, call the likes of Carl Strong, Mike DeSalvo, Brent Steelman or Hampsten Cycles. Get their take on custom fitting/building and even ask them where IF and Seven stand against one another and to themselves. IMO, each of those companies will exceed your expectations...but, aside from that I always liked the more DIY attitude at IF.

ergott
03-12-2007, 08:00 AM
Get a Zank.

swoop
03-12-2007, 08:45 AM
Seven makes what I think is the perfect ti bike.

Serotta PETE
03-12-2007, 09:43 AM
Seven makes what I think is the perfect ti bike. Second to SEROTTA naturally

:banana: :banana: :banana:

davids
03-12-2007, 12:02 PM
Which do you prefer: Watertown or Somerville?

znfdl
03-12-2007, 01:06 PM
Which do you prefer: Watertown or Somerville?

Neither, never liked either town.

beungood
03-12-2007, 01:35 PM
I was just interested in the build quality between the two as a LBS was advertising the IF bike. As far as steel I am buying cross parts and want a ZANK. William rode his Zank "EFFEN CROSS" rig to our training and It made me want one even more. Maybe I'll go and get one each if I get a good return on my taxes..

rePhil
03-12-2007, 02:57 PM
I find it interesting the love that gets shown the builders who frequent this site. I feel it says a lot about Serotta as a company that they are comfortable with competitors posting on their site. Not to mention all the other brands that get recommended on this site. I am guilty of praising a couple of competitors myself. I did own a Club Special and I really wanted a Legend.
There are a lot of great builders out there, many more than get shown the love of the forums favorite's. I wonder what would happen to this forum if a bunch of them started posting?

Ahneida Ride
03-12-2007, 03:05 PM
I find it interesting the love that gets shown the builders who frequent this site. I feel it says a lot about Serotta as a company that they are comfortable with competitors posting on their site. Not to mention all the other brands that get recommended on this site. I am guilty of praising a couple of competitors myself. I did own a Club Special and I really wanted a Legend.
There are a lot of great builders out there, many more than get shown the love of the forums favorite's. I wonder what would happen to this forum if a bunch of them started posting?

Bottom line is Serotta makes a top notch product and should be on everyone's short list.

Steelhead
03-12-2007, 06:20 PM
If you're deciding on a custom TIG-welded frame, call the likes of Carl Strong, Mike DeSalvo, Brent Steelman or Hampsten Cycles. Get their take on custom fitting/building and even ask them where IF and Seven stand against one another and to themselves. IMO, each of those companies will exceed your expectations...but, aside from that I always liked the more DIY attitude at IF.

I don't think Brent Steelman works in Ti....at least not to the general public. Hampsten frames are built in Steamboat by Moots, usuing Hampsten specs. so you could also go that route. Check out Kish and Sycip as well.

saab2000
03-12-2007, 06:25 PM
I would look at this builder: www.serotta.com I have heard they make a pretty good bike and even have a forum with a wild amount of knowledge from other builders. Today I rode one of their bikes fifty (50) miles and enjoyed it very much. It was one of their steel bikes.

Hard to beat IMHO. YMMV.

michael white
03-12-2007, 06:27 PM
United Bicycle Institute Links page.